New Spring Schedules for Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

duke_gal_05

Train Attendant
I have a trip booked for mid-June. I read somewhere that newer schedules should be coming out soon. When should I begin looking for the newest schedules and HOW MUCH will they vary from the current schedules that I have been reviewing? Will be traveling Fayetteville NC to NYC with a one day stop over in NYC then on to Chicago to LAX and into San Diego. Thanks for the help. THIS SITE IS AWESOME... being a NEWBIE to Amtrak ... I have learned so much valuable information here THANKS for having this site and for all the experienced riders help.

I have a trip booked for mid-June. I read somewhere that newer schedules should be coming out soon. When should I begin looking for the newest schedules and HOW MUCH will they vary from the current schedules that I have been reviewing? Will be traveling Fayetteville NC to NYC with a one day stop over in NYC then on to Chicago to LAX and into San Diego. Thanks for the help. THIS SITE IS AWESOME... being a NEWBIE to Amtrak ... I have learned so much valuable information here THANKS for having this site and for all the experienced riders help.
Some Amtrak schedules changed March 14, but the long distance trains have not changed yet. I would expect the new system schedule to come out in April.

One thing you can do is to check the Amtrak web site and use the "schedule" tool (a tab in the tickets window) to check the schedule for your trains by entering your departure and end points for each portion of your trip. That tool gets the latest data from the Amtrak computer system and will show any schedule changes before the printed and PDF schedules are issued.

Some Amtrak schedules changed March 14, but the long distance trains have not changed yet. I would expect the new system schedule to come out in April.

One thing you can do is to check the Amtrak web site and use the "schedule" tool (a tab in the tickets window) to check the schedule for your trains by entering your departure and end points for each portion of your trip. That tool gets the latest data from the Amtrak computer system and will show any schedule changes before the printed and PDF schedules are issued.

THANKS ;) I will keep an eye out for the new ones starting next month... that should still give me plenty of time to learn the new changes :D

The new timetable will be effective May 9. Depending on which trains you plan to take (I'm gessing Palmetto/Meteor, Lake Shore, and SW Chief), there may be a few minor changes in timing, but nothing that will significantly alter your travel. Most likely, the new schedules will be loaded into Arrow at the end of the month or the beginning of next month, and then whatever you see on Amtrak.com should be up-to-date. Even if not, go ahead and book now to protect against any fare increase, and if the schedule does change, you'll get a call from Amtrak with the details.

The new timetable will be effective May 9. Depending on which trains you plan to take (I'm gessing Palmetto/Meteor, Lake Shore, and SW Chief), there may be a few minor changes in timing, but nothing that will significantly alter your travel. Most likely, the new schedules will be loaded into Arrow at the end of the month or the beginning of next month, and then whatever you see on Amtrak.com should be up-to-date. Even if not, go ahead and book now to protect against any fare increase, and if the schedule does change, you'll get a call from Amtrak with the details.

We are already booked in....Coach from Fayetteville NC to NYC and into Chicago.... Roomette from Chicago to LAX :wub: and Coach again to San Diego and thanks for the information on the schedules... good to know I shouldn't have too many changes to memorize. ;)

Whenever you request a trip (say MIA-SEA for Dec 11, 2011), what will be shown is the schedule for that date as far as is known right now. If there are any changes, you will (should) be notified - especially if it affect your connections!
cool.gif

I've heard that one time they called someone to notify them of a "change in schedule". "Your train will now depart at 12:26 PM instead of 12:25 PM!"
rolleyes.gif

This might explain a mystery regarding the tickets for my trip in June. Although the current timetable as posted on the Amtrak site indicates a departure time for the CZ from SAC of 11:09 am, my ticket indicates departure time as 11:49. I'm thinking maybe the 11:49 departure will show up on the new spring schedule.

This might explain a mystery regarding the tickets for my trip in June. Although the current timetable as posted on the Amtrak site indicates a departure time for the CZ from SAC of 11:09 am, my ticket indicates departure time as 11:49. I'm thinking maybe the 11:49 departure will show up on the new spring schedule.
When did you book/print your ticket for the 11:49 am departure? The old schedule (pre-November 8) was 11:49 am. That was changed to 11:09 am on November 8, and it is not changing on May 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back