No Car Towns

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Denver, CO has a free bus running down 16th street with a stop 1 block from the station. There are many hotels along the bus route.

Fort Worth, TX has many hotels within walking distance. Take Molly the Trolley My link around Fort Worth, if you are there on a Saturday go to the historic stockyard. There are many things to do within walking distance of the hotels.

Chicago, station is in the middle of the city and there are many things to choose from.

I must confess that if a hotel is more that 3 blocks away the wife will only go on the trip if I agree to take a cab. We stayed in Chicago one time and the hotel was 6 blocks away. I insisted on walking with with the luggage in tow, every half a block a taxi would stop and ask with we would like a ride. My answer was "no thank you" each time, this result in my wife's temper heating up as we walked. :angry: This was the last time we walked more than a few blocks from the station. :blush:

Seattle is also another good choice. It doesnt have much rapid transit system, and their light rail system is small, but their bus system is well done.

Boston would fit the bill as well. I always enjoyed visiting friends there and not having to get into a cab. The bus and subway could get you where you didn't feel like walking.

I'm glad to see Staunton getting alot of run in this thread. It's a great town that has done a great job revitalizing its core. If you go just remember to pronounce the name as "Stanton."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back