NOL-LAX 07/01/13 - sleepers sold out!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

colobok

Service Attendant
Only 1 roomette is available for NOL-LAX 07/01/13 - 11 months in advance!!!

All bedrooms and family bedrooms are sold out. What does it mean???

Since there is only one full sleeper and one half sleeper NOL-LAX, since it only runs thrice-a-week, and since you were searching for the entire run, it's not a surprise.

Then again, probably a group booking, but maybe not for the entire route. It could also be a Crescent/SL tour staring in NYP.

Nevertheless, this is god for Amtrak, especially since the SL loses lots of cash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its also the 4th of July Holiday week and since the Train only runs three days a week as was said, either Regular Customers or Travel Agents have booked the Train, this Route has been becoming really Popular in the past year, especially the #421/#422 Section between LAX and CHI via SAS! So you have Passengers from Four Major Population Centers (The NEC/LAX/CHI/SAS) converging on the same Train! Look or any Rooms that open up to be @ Mid to High Bucket also, Amtrak has been Maximizing Revenue as much as possible on All Routes!

Its also the 4th of July Holiday week and since the Train only runs three days a week as was said, either Regular Customers or Travel Agents have booked the Train, this Route has been becoming really Popular in the past year, especially the #421/#422 Section between LAX and CHI via SAS! So you have Passengers from Four Major Population Centers (The NEC/LAX/CHI/SAS) converging on the same Train! Look or any Rooms that open up to be @ Mid to High Bucket also, Amtrak has been Maximizing Revenue as much as possible on All Routes!
I would be really interested to see the cost recovery of the SL recently.

I had to see it to believe it.

When the train gets to SAS the train open up with 421 coming in. Decent amount of Roomettes one Fam and more then one Bedroom. But the buckets are extremely high! But it's still just one roomette at SAS on train 1. But something is strange about this. Every room with the exception of one is sold out from basically coast to coast. Somethings is fishy. Period.

I went through and checked...it seems to be strictly the one train on the one day. I'll stand by the assessment of an aggressive travel agent.

As to cost recovery, the Sunset's revenue is up 5% YTD...which would suggest a very minor closing in operating losses.

That there's an opportunistic travel agent out there somewhere.
Is that still true, now with e-tickets?

Just wondering...
It seems the old cancellation policy may be in effect for purchases prior to 8/12. That might explain it.
What's the cancellation policy for group sleeper travel reservations? I don't have that info offhand, but I'd highly doubt it's the same as it is for individual reservations.

I know how much groups are derided here (for some reason that I'm not sure of), but they represent a significant source of income for Amtrak on LD trains.

Since there is only one full sleeper and one half sleeper NOL-LAX, since it only runs thrice-a-week, and since you were searching for the entire run, it's not a surprise.

Then again, probably a group booking, but maybe not for the entire route. It could also be a Crescent/SL tour staring in NYP.

Nevertheless, this is god for Amtrak, especially since the SL loses lots of cash.
Yeah, as well as the cardinal the SL is the worst performing route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back