NTD 2013 Announced

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acela150

Super Buff
NTD 2013 has been announced for May 11th. No events announced on NTD.com as it's only January. But wanted to pass along the news. I was in DC on Monday. Didn't have time to look at the construction. I only had a 30 minute layover before returning to Philly. But when I was there a month ago it appeared no where near done. So I'd start counting WAS out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if I'll head to WAS. Last time the AU gang was at WAS it was nuts. Poor crowd control. People without tickets were getting in faster then people with tickets. It made me not want to go back.

You may want to do some Point Runs on the Keystones, going to/from Paoli from PHL is what we did last year and we went to Harrisburg during the Gathering in PHL! Lots cheaper than the NEC!!!

I was under the impression that AU would "celebrate" NTD in WAS and PHL in alternate years. WAS is closer for me, for what it is worth.

Grand Central has already announced events on National Train day, they are just isn't being organized by Amtrak but by the MTA Metro-North Railroad as part of the station's Centennial, its not just train day but the whole weekend!

From
http://www.mta.info/gct/birthday.htmlMTA.info
http://www.mta.info/gct/birthday.html:

May 10-12, 2013
--
Grand Centennial Parade of Trains Weekend
(time TBA,Vanderbilt Hall and select platform tracks in GCT) -- Visit Grand Central for a weekend filled with the return of historic trains (including the 20th Century Limited) that travelled in and out of the Terminal and across the country in the heyday of luxury rail travel. Also featured: Metro-North Railroad equipment past and present; "railroadiana" displays and exhibits; and interactive family fun that will appeal to transportation enthusiasts of all types.

They also just released a few days ago all the details for the actual centennial day, which is Friday, February 1, 2012. (Same Web Page) which will definitely make me stop by the station that day.

Thanks for posting that link, SubwayNut. I was certain I read about the Parade of Trains weekend, but could not find it again.

While I've enjoyed being in Philadelphia over Washington for National Train Day, I'll be at Grand Central Terminal the weekend of May 10-12th.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back