Option to pick up tickets

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

darien-l

OBS Chief
Hi all,

Quick question here. Say I want to buy a ticket for departure from an unstaffed station with no Quik-Trak. Naturally, the website doesn't present me with a "pick up at station" option. However, I know that I'll be through lots of staffed stations before that particular trip, and will have plenty of opportunities to pick up tickets. If I call to book, will they let me pick up at station?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

Quick question here. Say I want to buy a ticket for departure from an unstaffed station with no Quik-Trak. Naturally, the website doesn't present me with a "pick up at station" option. However, I know that I'll be through lots of staffed stations before that particular trip, and will have plenty of opportunities to pick up tickets. If I call to book, will they let me pick up at station?
Yes, you can do that when you call to book. Just make sure you tell them that you plan on picking up the tickets at a quik-trak or a staffed station prior to departure and you understand that you are leaving from an unstaffed station. I have done this many times, my in-laws live in a little town in CT with an unstaffed station and no QT, I always just pick up the tix from my hometown station. But you have to call to make the reservation and definitely specify it with the agent.

Psssst!

I think you can arrange to have tickets hidden under a stone, or in a hollow tree for collection... No, I remember now, thats just for the Trans Siberian Express...

Ed. :cool:

Psssst!

I think you can arrange to have tickets hidden under a stone, or in a hollow tree for collection... No, I remember now, thats just for the Trans Siberian Express...

That's only an option for Secret Agents!
laugh.gif

Psssst!

Psssst!

That's only an option for Secret Agents!
laugh.gif
errmm I thought that was for the Orient Express. Oh no wait you got those from the back of a Flower truck....

peter

I prefer to have my tickets left inside a hollowed out pumpkin..... :ph34r:

I was booking a trip for my daughter on a Regional from MET to WAS and it took me a minute to figure out why it wasn't giving me the "Pick at Station" option. Her train was leaving at 5:15 AM and the station doesn't open until 5:30. I had to call an agent because I didn't want them mailed in case I had to change or cancel.

Bill

When you book online from an unmanned station there are only two boxes to check, receive tickets by mail or fed x. There is no option to p.u. at at a staffed station, plus you need the bar code emailed reservation slip to do this which they do not give you.

When you book online from an unmanned station there are only two boxes to check, receive tickets by mail or fed x. There is no option to p.u. at at a staffed station, plus you need the bar code emailed reservation slip to do this which they do not give you.
One doesn't need the bar coded reservation print out to pick up tickets from a Quik-Trak machine. Yes, it is easier if you have the bar code, but there are plenty of other ways to pick up those tickets. You can insert the credit card you used to purchase them, you can insert your AGR card, or you can just type in the reservation number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back