Points deduction

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rile42

Lead Service Attendant
I was recently checking my points that were posted on July 15th. Since the statement before that, I had 1700 points added to my AGR account based correctly upon $1700 in "other earnings" for AGR credit card purchases. However, there was a 548 point deduction based on "other earnings" from the same AGR credit card. There is no explanation. Has anyone ever had that happen? I am going to contact the AGR about it but just wondered if this has ever happened to anyone.

I was recently checking my points that were posted on July 15th. Since the statement before that, I had 1700 points added to my AGR account based correctly upon $1700 in "other earnings" for AGR credit card purchases. However, there was a 548 point deduction based on "other earnings" from the same AGR credit card. There is no explanation. Has anyone ever had that happen? I am going to contact the AGR about it but just wondered if this has ever happened to anyone.

Probably an overly simple question, but I have to ask-Did you return something after the points posted?

You also might have received a Refund/Adjustment or a Voucher from Amtrak for a Trip that had already Posted and when you used it the Points were deducted since you can't "Double Dip" on Points! :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to say the same thing about returning something. I've had a purchase from Apple that posted the full amount. But then I returned something, and had points removed!
sad.gif

Most likely a return. Yes, this happens to me all the time. If you return something or get a credit to your credit card, they do deduct the points that you received for that purchase.

Back