Points for Shopping

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an iPhone, but instead of buying an app from iTunes directly from the phone, I bought the same app from iTunes thru Points for Shopping, then loaded the app to my iPhone from my computer. By doing this, my $5 purchase got me 15 AGR points! :p
Good thought! AT&T finally started serving Vermont as of two days ago, so I'll be in the market for an iPhone in the next month or so. It didn't even occur to me to get AGR points on App Store purchases.

Anyway, to add to the list:1-800-Flowers

Bought a simply arrangement about a month ago, and received a hefty amount of points today!
I can vouch for that. I have taken to sending my mother, who lives across the country, bouquets for any and every occasion. Last month I went through 1-800-Flowers and got 10 points for every dollar spent and then they doubled that. When you send via Teleflora, the receipt indicates how many Amtrak points you will receive, whereas this particular 1-800 receipt didn't. But I just checked my account and the points were posted. Great way to please someone and get mucho point. And my mother raves about the bouquets.

Eastern Mountain Sports - 7pts/$

It posted after about 3 weeks, but it was also the first Monday of March so it may be a beginning of the month thing.

Used Drugstore.com for the first time the beginning of Dec, points posted yesterday--though they are quite garbled so I don't know if they include my order the First week of Jan, but I doubt it.

I'm curious to see if the Jan order posts points because I used my Drugstore.com dollars--as fas as I could tell there was nothing to even allow me to opt out of them.

I was using Overstock quite a bit, but then they just stopped posting points, perhaps because I bought and O membership--but my first orders with the membership did post.

One caution for iTunes. When I've gotten miles for iTunes through airline programs, they've always rounded up, so a 99¢ iTune would earn the rate for $1.

However, Amtrak doesn't do this. I tried it out and the 99¢ purchase posted for 0 points. They didn't even prorate it to 2 points (it's 3 points/$1).

One caution for iTunes. When I've gotten miles for iTunes through airline programs, they've always rounded up, so a 99¢ iTune would earn the rate for $1.
However, Amtrak doesn't do this. I tried it out and the 99¢ purchase posted for 0 points. They didn't even prorate it to 2 points (it's 3 points/$1).
My $4.99 ap posted as 15 AGR points! :)

My $4.99 ap posted as 15 AGR points! :)
Did you use an i tunes gift card? When I purchased a few songs with one it showed 0 points.

Did you use an i tunes gift card? When I purchased a few songs with one it showed 0 points.
No, but you do have to go thru the AGR site first.

You can load aps directly from your iPhone, but here's what I did.

FROM MY COMPUTER, I logged into AGR, THEN went to iTunes. I made my purchase THEN downloaded it to my computer. THEN I transferred it from my computer to my iPhone via the USB cable!

(I don't know if it matters, but my computer is a Mac.)

It may be a few extra steps, but it got me 15 AGR points!

Two failures here:

Netflix 1,500 with monthly subscription.

AT&T, 1,500 with qualifying contract.

I was going to get an iPhone for Christmas anyway. :)

3,000 for Netflix posted this month. It was from back in October when they had double points from certain merchants. I worked out the dollar amount for 3,000 AGR points based on the route I usually take and it ended up working out to more than the $9 or whatever it was that I paid for a one month subscription to Netflix.

Unfortunately, I did have to call several times and fax them cached snapshot of the offer from Google to get my points...but it was worth it. :D

Another confirmation that discounts and points don't mix.

Alibris posted a big zero points for a recent purchase made with one of their promo codes.

Another confirmation that discounts and points don't mix.
Alibris posted a big zero points for a recent purchase made with one of their promo codes.
As did Shoebuy.com. A $10 discount caused me NOT to get almost 3,000 AGR points. Grrrrrrrrrrr. :angry: :angry: :angry:

OverStock.com - No points credited yet.

Barclays Wine - No points credited yet.

Borders Books - No points credited yet.

I've had success in the past, but going 0 for 3 has got me wondering...........

All have had plenty of time to post..........

Omaha steaks posted, took about 4 weeks.

Still waiting on Hickory Farms and my 2nd Drugstore.com purchase.

Back