Possible?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonys96

Conductor
If we book this before the AGR 2.0 change in January, can we do a points trip from DAL to WAS or maybe NYP going in sleeper from DAL to SAS, then on to NOL on the SL in a sleeper, overnight on our dime in NOL, and then on the Crescent in a sleeper on to WAS or NYP?

If so, would we be able to get off the train in SAS to go to Riverwalk to eat, then reboard to sleep in our room? Or would we be relegated to sleeping in the dinky SAS station? (Or maybe a hotel in SAS)

That routing doesn't show on Amtrak system. However, Dallas to SAS would be a one zone redemption and SAS to WAS or NYP is a separate two zones redemption.The overnight in NOL is allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we book this before the AGR 2.0 change in January, can we do a points trip from DAL to WAS or maybe NYP going in sleeper from DAL to SAS, then on to NOL on the SL in a sleeper, overnight on our dime in NOL, and then on the Crescent in a sleeper on to WAS or NYP?

If so, would we be able to get off the train in SAS to go to Riverwalk to eat, then reboard to sleep in our room? Or would we be relegated to sleeping in the dinky SAS station? (Or maybe a hotel in SAS)
I just did SAS-NOL on #2/#20 NOL-WAS Tony/ overnighted in NOL and SAS ( Best Western St Paul Square)on my Dime, 2 Zone Award. I rode Mega Bus from AUS-SAS for $2.50, but y'all could pay for a Cheap Roomette on #21/#421_and get Lunch and Dinner out of DAL/FTW. The Eagle gets in after 10pm/ "#2_Leaves @_600amish ,you have to be @ Station by 530am to check luggage.
That's why I suggested #22 to CHI/#59 to NOL/ Gives you an afternoon and early evening in CHI, Dinner, Breakfast amd Lunch and Overnite on Train, afternoon arrival into NOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back