Rewards Trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

printman2000

Engineer
I finally have enough rewards for a one zone roomette trip. I have 19,000.

I would be traveling with 4 people in two roomettes. How do I go about getting one of those roomettes covered? Do I have to book one rewards reservation with two of us for one room and do a seperate reservation for the other two?

Also, does the 15,000 points for a roomette cover the railfare also? Will it cover two people in the one roomette or do I have to pay railfare for the second person?

To book the roomette as an AGR award, you MUST call AGR (not Amtrak). To book the second room, you either have to call Amtrak (not AGR) or book online. (I don't think AGR can book a paying room, but I could be wrong.)

The cost of the roomette award (15,000 points in this case) includes the rail fare (for either 1 or 2), the roomette (for either 1 or 2) and the meals (for either 1 or 2)! There is no additional cost for the 2nd person in the roomette!

To book the roomette as an AGR award, you MUST call AGR (not Amtrak). To book the second room, you either have to call Amtrak (not AGR) or book online. (I don't think AGR can book a paying room, but I could be wrong.)
The cost of the roomette award (15,000 points in this case) includes the rail fare (for either 1 or 2), the roomette (for either 1 or 2) and the meals (for either 1 or 2)! There is no additional cost for the 2nd person in the roomette!

Correct!

Just remember that 15,000 points is a one zone award only.

Correct!

Just remember that 15,000 points is a one zone award only.
Good reminder, thanks!

Back