Roomette for two people ... Your Opinions Requested :)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I'm absolutely overwhelmed by the outpouring of responses. Thanks so so much!
I didn't realize there's be such mixed opinions! But it has really given me a better gauge for the differences between a roomette and a bedroom. I think for right now I'll probably stick with the one Roomette and if the prices come down for the bedroom (or if an on board upgrade is available) I might just spring for that. It'll be an adventure either way! Right now the price difference is so great, that I can't justify it in my mind. I'm thankful for this thread though so I won't be shocked when I actually board the train at the size of it.

As for the Crescent NOL-ATL route, the cost of upgrading is substantially cheaper for the 12 hour journey. $45 for a Roomette and $70 for a bedroom (to me an excellent deal with three meals for each of us!). I think I'd probably just spend the extra $25 and get the bedroom for this portion of the trip for the added space.

Thanks again for all your advice! And if theres any other opinions/thought out there (regarding the Roomette or the train/scenery in general), Id love to hear them.

Blessings,

fw
The other thing that comes to mind is that the upper berth in a Superliner roomette has no window (unlike the Viewliners) and not a lot of space between the bed and ceiling. Having done both, I'd go for the bedroom, too. It's a lot more spacious and pleasant if money isn't a big issue.

Gord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back