Rule Buster for sleeper?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heading North

Service Attendant
I'm planning a trip for this May and was about to call AGR... Before it hit me that I'm leaving on a blackout day (the 24th). I'm Select Plus this year. I saw that there are rule buster awards that enable Select Plus members to book with points on blackout days, but sleeper rewards aren't listed. Does anyone know if it's possible?

Rule Busters are about double the cost in points. However, it is ONLY for coach travel, not for sleeper travel! :excl:
Rule Busters can be redeemed for Coach, Business Class, and Acela First Class. Rule Busters cannot be redeemed for Sleeper or for Acela during the weekday blackout times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you rearrange your trip with the dates a little? For example I wanted to book some travel edited thanksgiving in 2012. I wanted to do the silvers from Florida and then change in NyP to go up to New England. I ended up doing a sleeper redemption from DFB - NyP and just bought regional tix up to New England since that was the blackout date.

Back