SAC-Sacramento,CA station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I am coming with another adult and my 2 1/2 year old son from Reno,NV (RNO) to Sacramento,CA (SAC) on the California Zephyr. We are actually taking the San Joaquin train to Lodi,CA and we have like a 2 hour or more layover at the sac station. I was wondering when our bags come off the cal zephyr and they take them to the one caged area and you are suppose to pickup your bags there. Well the train to lodi doesnt have checked bags so we have to take the bags on there. Do you have to get your bags right away or can you leave them in the caged area and pick them up like 1 hr or half hour before our next train leaves? We want to check out the train museum down the street but dont want to lug around all that luggage too. Just wondering. thanks!

You can leave your bags uncollected for such a brief layover, then retrieve them before boarding your San Joaquin.

Zephyr arrival at Sacramento, even if on time, doesn't allow much time for the California State Railroad Museum. It is part of Old Sacramento, however, which is well worth a (free) look around during a short layover.

well if we are on time or early like most other times we always go to the train museum on our layover. We always have and its enough time, especially since this is our like 6th time doing it. Its mostly for my almost 3 year old son who LOVES trains. Are you sure they wont throw our bags away or anything like that ? lol They just need to stay checked for like an hour and a half.

Are you sure they wont throw our bags away or anything like that ? lol They just need to stay checked for like an hour and a half.
They keep them free of charge for 2 DAYS before they start charging storage fees!
biggrin.gif

Is there an In-n-out burger near the SAC station (or near a light rail station)? I'll have the 8hr layover between the CZ arrival and #14 departure.....

The one on Sacramento Avenue is in West Sacramento and I think there's a bus that goes from downtown Sac to the WalMart area where the In N Out is. It's run by Yolobus not sure of the schedule anymore though. There's also one on Truxel Road (JNO I-80) on the 11 bus line which runs from near the station. Check Sac RT's website for schedules that might work for you as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back