"School Boy Special" for 2005

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year the girls were on the head end with the boys on the rear. This way the girls are first on first off. It's the gentlemen thing to do.

We wanted to put a V/L in for Amtrak employees, but operations shot it down! :lol:

The reason I'm smiling is they won't allow electricians to go! :( It all boils down to "Who ya know and who you blow!" :rolleyes:

MJ B)

Robert.. Patheticly is NOT the word to describe it!

Miami Joe.. Send us back our cars NOW we need them :eek: :rolleyes:

AMTK1007 said:
Robert.. Patheticly is NOT the word to describe it!
Then what word would you use to describe the Hiawatha having approximately 10 trips cancelled due to equipment failure in a three- or four-day period, having other days where 10 of 13 trips were late (the Hiawatha normally enjoys 90-95% OTP), having other trips on other routes delayed because of HEP failure or other equipment problems.

If "pathetic" doesn't describe the Midwest corridor's situation in the last week, then the actual word can only be worse.

More than glad to send them back!!!! :lol:

The cars we get are usually the worst cars in the fleet. :angry: They have A/C problems, freeze damage, etc.

Used to run SuperLiners, but after the the accident in Illinois, S/L's were not available. Was told that the chaperones find it easier to watch the kids.

Your cars will be back at ya soon! :D One more trip! :rolleyes:

MJ B)

I know this happened last year, I don't know if it will this year, but...Last year the Horizon cars were sent to Raleigh for use on a Race Special. I don't know if it's happening or not, but they might make a pit stop (no pun intended) there before heading back to the Midwest.

Wow, I was doing my first driving lesson on a semi-rural road near my house, and i saw the School Boy Speciall with 2 locos, a mess of horizons, a few amfleets, a diner and a transition sleeper.

WHat luck!!

JP

I think your right B-51!

I recall the cars sitting around for a week or two and leaving together as a consist.

Normally the consist is broken up and sent back a few at a time.

Train will be back from last trip Monday.

Will ask around!

MJ B)

I actually saw the train 3 times over the last weekend!!!!

Once, while railfanning South of richmond, va as said in the post above, and I went to Baltimore, MD over the weekend and saw it in WAS while i was going north and i saw it again in WAS on my trip home south.

JP

I see that 947(6) Arrived JAX 1 hour early and Departed 33 Minutes Early.. Wonder if they moved the Call for the JAX crew up from 0900 EST..

Well since it's extra board fill anyway they probably just told em to show up early when they made the call.

even though it went to the board, they are still subject to a 2 hour minimum call... Been there done that.. Less then 2 hours and you can refuse... but moving off the planned 9:00 sign up would have required planning...

I know that. All I'm saying is that it's easier to do it with extra board fill than it is with a regular bid job.

Oh, yes I agree, and in this case I don't think they could have created a regular assignment and bid it for just 4 weeks...

We did do that for the last 6 months of the Janesville Javelin, though.. I held that job for all but the last week. :angry:

Actually last year Florence crew base did create a regular job for the train, but it was easier for them to acomplish it since it didn't require an overnight for them in Savannah like it does for JAX-MIA. But since the north and south extra boards need to be kept moving anyway it made more since to do it this way.

Back