Seattle-Vancouver Thruway Service

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timetoride

Train Attendant
We have Amtrak reservations for May arriving in Seattle on EB, then riding the Thruway Bus Service on to Vancouver, B. C.

Train arrival at Seattle is listed as 10:20 a.m. and the bus departure time is 10:45 a. m.

If we have checked baggage, will this give us enough time to collect the baggage and get to the bus?

Could someone give details as to where we'll go to get the checked baggage, where the bus will be located, etc, so we'll have a bit of a heads-up on what to do?

This is part of our first Amtrak adventure and I have visions of being left behind. :unsure:

Also...I've read that many Vancouver taxis are smallish cars with not a lot of room for luggage. There will be 3 adults in our party and several pieces of luggage. Any recommendations for transporting our entire kit and kaboodle from Vancouver Amtrak station to our hotel?

Thanks!

We have Amtrak reservations for May arriving in Seattle on EB, then riding the Thruway Bus Service on to Vancouver, B. C.
Train arrival at Seattle is listed as 10:20 a.m. and the bus departure time is 10:45 a. m.

If we have checked baggage, will this give us enough time to collect the baggage and get to the bus?
Depending on when the EB arrives, that could be tight. But there is another Thruway bus at 1:15pm that will protect you if you miss the earlier bus, plus later ones at 4:30pm and 9:15pm if things really go wacky, so I would not worry about getting to Vancouver BC.

...Also...I've read that many Vancouver taxis are smallish cars with not a lot of room for luggage. There will be 3 adults in our party and several pieces of luggage. Any recommendations for transporting our entire kit and kaboodle from Vancouver Amtrak station to our hotel?
The Vancouver Airport website shows both 4-door sedan and minivan cabs available. They list the capacity of the sedan cabs as four passengers plus luggage. That makes me think they are using a Toyota Camry or equivalent vehicle for the "sedan". Unless either your kit or kaboodle is very large, you should not have problems with the size of the standard cab. If you do, they will get you a minivan.

I think you are talking about the Amtrak bus? If so, I can't imagine them leaving without you if your train is late. They are contracted with Amtrak and they'd have an empty bus if they didn't wait. If you have concerns, one of the members of your party could run out and check with the bus driver.

The other option would be for all of you to put your luggage in the luggage rack on the train so you could retrieve it as you get off the train.

I didn't check my luggage, but IIRC, the luggage carousel is to your left as you enter the station after departing from the train.

The bus is waiting outside the front door. Go past the baggage check area, out the front door, and look to your left.

The cabs in Vancouver are the same as anywhere else. They're all going to smaller, gas-saving vehicles. As to wether they can accommodate all of you and all of your baggage, just as anwhere else, it would depend on how much baggage you all have. At the Vancouver station, where the bus lets you off, there are cabs lined up, so maybe there would be a van-type taxi there.

Yes, it is the Amtrak bus we'll be taking.

All the replies have helped a lot and made me feel more at ease. Much appreciated, everyone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back