Sightserer Lounge vs Lounge

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bill Needles

So, when I see the pictures of the lounge cars with swivel chairs and floor to ceiling windows, are those on every train? Will the Texas Eagle and the Capital Limited have one? Does the Viewliner have their own version of lounge car? Thanks, Bill

The Texas Eagle and the Capitol Limited both have Superliner Sightseer lounges, as do most Long Distance trains (primarily those operating West of the Mississippi). There is no Viewliner Lounge sadly, maybe someday there will be, but we'll have to wait and see. Single Level Trains feature Amfleet II Lounges mainly which have a round body, table seating on one end and Lounge or enclosed seating on the other.

Click Here for my website which features some pictures of Superliner Lounges

Click Here for another one of our members, Battalion51's website which also features Superliner Photos

I'm almost certain I've said this on here before, but I think there were drawings, if not a prototype shell for a Viewliner lounge that had an all glass ceiling. I look forward to seeing Amtrak's next 5 year plan to see what they plan on doing about the heritage replacements.

-Firebert

Actually, according to recent reports, the Sightseer Lounge no longer runs on the Texas Eagle. You will however see one on the Capitol Limited.

Firebert said:
I'm almost certain I've said this on here before, but I think there were drawings, if not a prototype shell for a Viewliner lounge that had an all glass ceiling. I look forward to seeing Amtrak's next 5 year plan to see what they plan on doing about the heritage replacements.-Firebert
They drawings may exist, but I've heard nothing of them in the old articles I've read in train magazine. I can say for certain that no Viewliner Lounge shell exists as there was no mention of one being constructed or delivered in any of the articles I've read.

AlanB said:
Actually, according to recent reports, the Sightseer Lounge no longer runs on the Texas Eagle. You will however see one on the Capitol Limited.
No Sighseer on the NB22 or SB21 yesterday in Fort Worth.

Back