sleeper car question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

busboy

Service Attendant
I'm packing for a trip on the CZ. Do they provide towels for sleeper passengers in the showers or do I need to pack one?

Shower towels are provided, usually stacked above the baggage storage area on the lower level. Or ask your sleeper attendant.

Bar soap provided, plenty, and towels on the A.T. were folded up, on a towel rack, IN the shower/bathroom, of my Superliner bedroom.

In a roomette they may be in your room, or more likely in a laundry bag (which many times is inappropriately placed on the seat in the shower changing-area) in the shower room.

Bar soap provided, plenty, and towels on the A.T. were folded up, on a towel rack, IN the shower/bathroom, of my Superliner bedroom.

In a roomette they may be in your room, or more likely in a laundry bag (which many times is inappropriately placed on the seat in the shower changing-area) in the shower room.
Jerry's right~ the SCA's have a lot of hiding spots for the laundry bags; especially on Superliners. I usually give up and ask the LSA and sometimes they're even stashed in their room !!!

I'm packing for a trip on the CZ. Do they provide towels for sleeper passengers in the showers or do I need to pack one?
In my SS LTD Roomette in June of 2009 they had a wash cloth and large face towel in the roomette...the latter I thought was just a tiny bath towel but it worked. Later I found on the luggage racks were the bath towels.

Bar soap is supplied (ewww) :wacko: and I say Eww because my wonderful fellow passangers would leave their bar in the shower for the next person to use...YUGH! I do not recall shampoo. I may pick up a small size liquid soap and shampoo for my SWC in May from Chicago.

What the Traveler said (though he seems to have misplaced his emoticons).
Often times, he "misplaces" other things too!!
Sorry, I left my mind somewhere, and forgot where I put it!
sad.gif

See what happens when I'm off a train for a WHOLE week!
ohmy.gif
Now I'll have to take a trip in 2 weeks to locate it. I go all the way to Texas to see if I can find it!
biggrin.gif
My mind is so empty that I'll go from KIN-BOS-CHI-FTW in COACH!
ohmy.gif
(It's serious!)

My experience is they stick that laundry bag on the shower room seat much more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back