Sleeper service on the Northeast Regional

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crowbar_k

Service Attendant
I remember they introduced sleepers on the overnight Northeast Regional, but there do not seem to be any for sale. However, I couldn't anything in the news or online that they are no longer in service. What gives?

The routings for 66 & 67 has changed so that the equipment does not arrive & depart the same city/station endpoints.
67 turns for another extended regional and yet another extended regional turns for 66.

Notwithstanding that they could still operate a Sleeper on the Boston - Washington DC segment. Afterall they have to change engines in Washington DC anyway. They could just remove/add the Sleeper with the electric motor at Washington DC, if they wanted to run an overnight Sleeper on the NEC and have the wherewithal to do so.

Last edited:
Notwithstanding that they could still operate a Sleeper on the Boston - Washington DC segment. Afterall they have to change engines in Washington DC anyway. They could just remove/add the Sleeper with the electric motor at Washington DC, if they wanted to run an overnight Sleeper on the NEC and the wherewithal to do so.
I believe it is being considered...

Back