sleeper space on CZ

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm booked from Chicago to Denver next Friday the 18th. I'm in coach and can't afford the $400 for a roomette. I'm dreaming about the possibility of an onboard upgrade or just buying a sleeper from Omaha to Denver. However, my main question is: Why are there so many roomettes still available, not only on the 18th, but for several days next week. I thought sleeper space sold out early in the summer. Any insights?

Roger,

It could be that people cancelled because of all the flooding and/or it could be that it seems that Amtrak may have restored what's called a short turn sleeping car that only runs between Chicago and Denver. I'm not sure, but it seems like the later was a recent developement, which would explain why that car hasn't yet sold out.

So you may get lucky with an onboard upgrade, which could result in a lower charge than $400. :)

I'm crossing my fingers for an on-board upgrade from just before Denver to Chicago. I want to do it before the train gets into Denver so that the dinner tab is picked up if the upgrade happens.

They did restore the CHI-DEN sleeper. It was on my train when I rode it over memorial day weekend. IIRC, it runs through October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back