Snow Trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats wrong with seeing Snow? It's the Shoveling of it that I have had enough of.
True, but even though I don't like it, I would rather shovel 3 feet of snow than 3 feet of water! :eek: (Even 3 inches of water or 3 feet of snow - I'll take the snow! :p )
Aloha

But I just let the rain drain to the Ocean, and jump in as often as I can :rolleyes:

If you decided on grand canyon RR, you can also ride the Polar Express to the north pole until mid january.

Reminds me of my snowbird neighbor from New Haven says to me " Man, there sure are alot of lakes over there in Lakeland, Florida!!!! :D :p :rolleyes: RF
Or people wondering why Rhode Island is called "The Ocean State" - when much of the state (and it is small) is oceanfront or ocean accessible by boat! :rolleyes:
I'm still looking for the guy who went to all the trouble of counting all those lakes in NY State to ensure that there were exactly 1,000. :lol: :lol:

I'm still looking for the guy who went to all the trouble of counting all those lakes in NY State to ensure that there were exactly 1,000. :lol: :lol:
Or counted the 1,000 islands! :lol: (Or maybe he gave up and just had a salad instead! :lol: :lol:)

The guy counting the lakes moved to MN and got to 10,000! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I 100% recommend the Algoma Central Snow Train for a person who wants to experience the beauty of heavy snow cover and impressive geographical features all around you. I took a snowmobile trip in 2003 with the Algoma Cental. We loaded the machines in to modified baggage cars and the train hauled them up to Hearst. After spending the night there, we took a saddlebag trip four days back on the trails. Awsome train ride!

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any way around the passport requirements now to return to the United Stated after going to Canada. That is quite inconvienient. Still, it might be worth it if you want a train trip in a winter wonderland.

Please allow one piece of advice from somebody who has been there. Dress warm! Really warm! I am from central Michigan where we get our fair share of cold and snow, but once you get north of Lake Superior, it gets way colder than I'm used to. Oh, and I work in an ice cream warehouse, too. It can get seriously cold there. The warmest morning of the February week when I was there was -25 degree below zero. The coldest two were around 45-50 below! One day never got over negative twenty! The snow was about four to five feet deep everywhere.

-Les

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back