So glad I switched

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingee

OBS Chief
I am presently sitting in the Bloomington Amtrak station. I had been watching the swchiefs time for the last several days. Decided to switch to the Lincoln train. So glad I did. When I walked in the station I saw that the chief was running on time. I asked and the agent said she needed to change it. At this point it was running eight hours late. The aren't selling any more tickets for it. Glad we did because we leave out of Chicago at nine thirty tonight. Said there is a lot of construction and train freight going on. Oops I meant Texas eagle not the chief.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am presently sitting in the Bloomington Amtrak station. I had been watching the swchiefs time for the last several days. Decided to switch to the Lincoln train. So glad I did. When I walked in the station I saw that the chief was running on time. I asked and the agent said she needed to change it. At this point it was running eight hours late. The aren't selling any more tickets for it. Glad we did because we leave out of Chicago at nine thirty tonight. Said there is a lot of construction and train freight going on. Oops I meant Texas eagle not the chief.
So the station agent is in charge of posting times, and it's not some centralized Amtrak thing? Weird.

Wow. An eight hour late Eagle. (I was once on one that was 12 hours late, but that was after an ice storm and with a frieight derailment ahead of us on a Sunday, so hard to get a clean up crew out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back