Speaking of Baggage transfer

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

edding

Service Attendant
Greetings: The question on baggage transfers reminded me to ask your opinion concerning whether I should check my bags in Anaheim or LA for my CS trip? The schedule says there's an hour & 25min between when I arrive in LA from ANA until the CS leaves. My inclination is not to check in my bag until LAX since schlepping them is no big deal. However, what's the general consensus: worry more about the bag being transferred from 763 - 14, or worry about being late into LAX and then having to scurry to get my bag checked for my trip to Portland( I did snag a roomette a long time ago at a decent price. Yeah!) What say you all?

Thanks,

Ed

I would say that if #763 offers check baggage, I'd check them in ANA!

Besides #763 being late (OK, I won't mention it), an advantage is that you wont have to carry it to the train, bring it aboard, store it aboard, unload it, carry it off, carry it to the baggage room at LAX - and then hope you got there before the cutoff time! Another advantage is that unlike at the airport, they don't have to transfer it from ___ Airline in Terminal 7 or 5 to ___ Airline in Terminal 2 or 1. LAUS is (semi) small, and most likely, it would go from Amtrak to Amtrak only! (There is very little chance that it will "accidently" be transfered to Metrolink!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back