St Cloud, MN - Parking Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichelleB

Train Attendant
We are traveling on the Empire Builder on June 28 and are leaving from St. Cloud, MN. Has anyone ever had issues finding a place to park here? I know they have some parking spaces, but not sure what we would do if they are full. Thanks for any insight you might have.

When I last took the EB, the conductor let me and another guy off because we were ahead of schedule. There were some parking spots by the station. With that said, the station is in the part of town where a lady (high on heroin) tried to jump the engine. Park at your own risk

Having taken the Builder on numerous occasions while a student at St. Cloud State University, I have parked my car right at the depot and not had any problems. You should be OK.

There's no specific way to tell if the lot is full, but of the dozen or so times I've been there I've never found it fully at capacity. Last time I was there (a year or so ago) it was a dirt lot with quite a bit of space off to the north if needed.

If there's truly no parking there (granted, I've never had this issue or heard of anyone having the issue, but just in case) the commuter bus station a couple miles down has parking for up to 7 days in a part of their lot, and in the past the Holiday Inn on the west side of town has allowed overnight parking for non-guests (though call ahead to confirm.) I wouldn't worry about it, though, as I'm not aware of parking being an issue at the Amtrak station itself.

Back