Student Advantage Reservations Website Glitch Fixd

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jccollins

Conductor
For anyone else who uses the Amtrak reservations website to book tickets using their Student Advantage discount with their Amtrak Guest Rewards number I am glad to report that the glitch has finally been fixed! Since the website received its major redesign back in October, 2004 it would take both the SA number and Guest Rewards number and even confirm both of them but the GR points would never print on the tickets or post to their account. The glitch was fixed when Amtrak recently revised their policy that now requires reservations be made at least three days in advance to receive the 15% off Student Advantage discount and updated the system to require the advance reservations.

cbender said:
Fantastic! I was getting a bit irritated at always having to 'fix' my ticket.
Me too! :D Note that if you have any tickets reserved/printed/issued with your Student Advantage discount before the system correction was made on April 1st you will need to have those tickets reissued to have your Guest Rewards points automatically post. You should look for your Guest Rewards number just below your name on the upper right corner of your ticket stubs to verify it is really there and will post. If the number is not there, the points will not automatically post.

Back