Student discount - changes

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lost in the conversation about cancellation policies and discount modifications is the fact we have seen the end of student discount on state supported trains. The fare no longer appears as an option on Amtrak.com. I do not believe it was not left off by mistake.
*pumps fist* just nabbed my student discount Heartland Flyer ticket for 1/12 last week. (Hopefully the unexplained service disruptions will end by then!)

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

Lost in the conversation about cancellation policies and discount modifications is the fact we have seen the end of student discount on state supported trains. The fare no longer appears as an option on Amtrak.com. I do not believe it was not left off by mistake.
I am a little bit surprised that Amtrak was able to just up and axe these given that several states have made a point of promoting rail travel to college students...and I would not be surprised to see a few states start reviewing their contracts with Amtrak more closely next time around.

Back