SWC and TE trip in bedroom

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a late ish breakfast then enjoyed the scenery. Currently sitting in Albuquerque, after having a great lunch. We had pizza delivered from JCs New York department. Great lunch

Attachments

• 17AE3B81-ECA1-4C54-BC68-ADCFF1CBEDCA.jpeg
    17AE3B81-ECA1-4C54-BC68-ADCFF1CBEDCA.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 6
enjoying the scenery through glorieta pass, very pretty. Someone opened a window on the door as well, no idea who, but the crew made an announcement.

Attachments

• 300AEDA8-2B82-4C52-A2BA-5210D6C240C3.jpeg
    300AEDA8-2B82-4C52-A2BA-5210D6C240C3.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 15
Is the Sightseer Lounge open, or are they still restricting use to ensure social distancing?

Is the Sightseer Lounge open, or are they still restricting use to ensure social distancing?
All lounge seats are open and the tables are diagonally crossed off. However back in October no tables were crossed off on the starlight and builder so it varies by crew I assume

So to catch up, we made up a little bit of time by la junta (we were running an hour behind). Seeing new Mexico was really nice, and seeing the semaphores was great. Currently stopped in Lamar, apparently we have a medical situation on board.

dinner was the pasta, it was fine

Might be that way till Newton. I remember covering that stretch eastbound once in a family bedroom, on the lower level right over the wheels. It was a rough night.
I believe, though, that there has been ongoing work to put ribbon rail down in place of the original jointed rail.

After 20-30 minutes of rough riding, it smoothened out. By the time I was falling asleep at 12 (am) it was pretty good. Currently stopped at Kansas City, might go to the SSL after. Final day on the Chief :c

Well we made up time in Kansas City and was on time. Enjoyed some breakfast, although the dining car attendant is only okay. At la plata we came in and boarded from the far track, which was neat.
Sadly, we are now stopping and going due to freight. So we will be late coming into fort Madison

So we hadn’t even got out of the Amtrak yards before we stopped for an unknown reason. Now a few minutes later we’re stopped for a (really really) slow freight at a diamond.

Just ate dinner while we were in St. Louis, had the fettuccini. It was fine.

The LSA is great, very happy and cheerful, unlike the one on the Chief.

and personally, I prefer the dining area in the CCC over the traditional dining car, seems more modern!

Now watching Hamilton, the musical

So we lost four hours between Poplar Bluff and Walnut Ridge due to freight interference. The 22 was delayed for the Same reason. I wonder if it was a stalled train or a derailment.

Anyways, I woke up at 5AM, after about 6-7 hours of sleep. Continued to rest until now. We’re now approaching 5 hours late. Won’t be having breakfast for quite a while, I usually have it late! And they just ended quiet time as I write this.
They said it was only freight interference. The crew is about to time out so we will be stopped again soon!

Just finished breakfast, had cereal and yogurt with orange juice. Met a lovely old couple with many stories to tell.

enjoying seeing Arkansas, more scenic than I would’ve thought. The swamp things (are they swamps or is there a different name?) are nice. Now approaching Arkadelphia!

I did take a walk through the coaches, seems to be at 50% capacity, most people wearing masks.

The last coach was empty and the door was locked, so.

We have been stopped for a red signal. We’ve stopped a few times before this for freights as well

Back