SWC and TE trip in bedroom

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Departing Temple a little under four hours behind. Today was good, I enjoyed the scenery which was a surprise, don’t remember it being so nice.

day was fun, and the LSA was great! Very kind and cheerful. I got to get a sneak peek of the kitchen in the CCC as well. Anyways, I do expect to be close to on time tomorrow. However Iwould not mind being late into LA, waking up at 4:30 AM is not appealing!

forgot to add this, but I had the braised beef for dinner. Beef was good, vegetables were okay, mashed potatoes were not very good.

Just departed Sanderson. We stayed 10 minutes because we were early.
I don’t think anyone got on or off, but they are building more of a station now.

Attachments

• E057425C-22BF-4FFD-B34B-8595D92242BE.png
    E057425C-22BF-4FFD-B34B-8595D92242BE.png
    404.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 9BE70280-5832-4A33-A95A-9FE075CEF4E0.jpeg
    9BE70280-5832-4A33-A95A-9FE075CEF4E0.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 13
Sadly, I was asleep for the pecos river

Will probably use cell service now, will update later

Currently in Alpine. At El Paso I’ll try to take a look at the engines

Attachments

• CB686CA2-2A30-4945-899A-C4300E5F9D1C.jpeg
    CB686CA2-2A30-4945-899A-C4300E5F9D1C.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 8
Out of El Paso. At the El Paso stop I stopped off and walked around the train. Hoping to see the burrito lady, however she wasn’t there when we arrived. I walked the train and was standing near the back. About nine minutes before departure, she rushed up on the platform and began selling. The crew made an announcement and a bunch of people went over and bought from her. I had one, and it was good. Since we weren’t expecting her since she wasn’t there till last minute, we had already ordered a mini pizza and hot dog from the cafe. However the attendant didn’t warm up the hot dog per request, it was too late for the pizza. So I enjoyed the burrito and then had some of the pizza. Now cruising along towards denning

Out of El Paso. At the El Paso stop I stopped off and walked around the train. Hoping to see the burrito lady, however she wasn’t there when we arrived. I walked the train and was standing near the back. About nine minutes before departure, she rushed up on the platform and began selling. The crew made an announcement and a bunch of people went over and bought from her. I had one, and it was good. Since we weren’t expecting her since she wasn’t there till last minute, we had already ordered a mini pizza and hot dog from the cafe. However the attendant didn’t warm up the hot dog per request, it was too late for the pizza. So I enjoyed the burrito and then had some of the pizza. Now cruising along towards denning
Did your traveling companion eat one too?

We talked about this last night in the Diner, I'd like one right now!

Yes! However Demning is still using the road as a platform. I’ll check if lordsburg is as well
You'll see several Desert "Stations" that look like School Bus Sheds or Commuter Rail Waiting Areas!

Lordsburg us one of these, you'll see it and Laugh!

Ohio has some of these too, as does Taylor,Texas!

Last edited:
You'll see several Desert "Stations" that look like School Bus Sheds or Commuter Rail Waiting Areas!

Ohio has some of these too, as does Taylor,Texas!
I believe Taylor has its own platform that doesn’t double as a road, lol

True, but you used to walk on the Ballast to board the Train before the New Platform was built ( same thing in Alpine!!!)and the Station is a Picnic Table with a Shed and the New Improvement, 2 Porta Potties! 😆
Better than lordsburg and demning! No facilities other than a shack.
But I will say, I really like these tiny stations. I find it neat, even if it’s an annoyance.

Back