Taking food into observation car?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meme

Train Attendant
I know that we can't bring our own food / drinks into the lounge - but what about the observation car? And the lounge is open to all, right? -- coach & sleeper car pax?

Yes, the lounge, or cafe, is open to all, and it's perfectly okay to take your own food to the observation car.

Thanks. As might be apparent from my frequency of posts today, we're about to embark on our first coast-to-coast, leaving Sunday night, returning July 10. We're better prepared now, thanks to this forum. (But could someone please come help me pack and clean up the house.... :p )

Yes, the lounge, or cafe, is open to all, and it's perfectly okay to take your own food to the observation car.

Thanks. As might be apparent from my frequency of posts today, we're about to embark on our first coast-to-coast, leaving Sunday night, returning July 10. We're better prepared now, thanks to this forum. (But could someone please come help me pack and clean up the house.... :p )
You may bring your own personal food into the Observation Car on Superliner equipment (double decker), but only on the top level, not into the bottom, where the lounge attendant is located. You may not bring your own food into a single level Lounge car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back