Texas Eagle

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

busboy

Service Attendant
I'm thinking about taking the Texas Eagle from LAX to CHI in the spring. The SW Chief is faster and cheaper, but the Eagle is a route I haven't done. Is it worth it or should I just stick with the SWC?? I see there is about a 2 hour layover in San Antonio, although it's very early in the morning and nothing would be open at that hour.

We've had this thread several times and if you want more train time and different scenery take the Sunset/Eagle #422. As for the layover in SAS, most people sleep through it, the Train leaves @ 7am heading North, Breakfast is served after leaving the Station with last call in Austin!

If less train time is important,the SWC is a good train and the scenery is nice as far as Raton Pass! After that, its miles and miles of prairie and of corn fields!

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Fare is right, do the Texas Eagle if anything to get a new route in your Book. And be sure to book Train 422 instead of Train2/22, else you will be flushed out of your Sleeper/Coach at SAS and have to reboard a new one a couple hours later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back