Thanksgiving Weekend AGR shopping portal bonus

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine hit today too!

Not only were the Ecco shoes that I like (and needed) 10 bucks cheaper than other online sites, I got 13,000 AGR points!

I made 2 different Shoebuy purchases, one using a discount code and one without (as a backup), and they both posted correctly. So I am debating whether to return the shipment that I paid full price for (but I got SO many points I am debating doing this, even they I paid extra in the long run...)

My Apple store purchase only gave me points for the actual cost of the item (and not for sales tax). I am thinking about trying to fight for these extra points as the T&C in the Apple listing does not say it excludes sales tax...

I also made a separate purchase of some Entertainment.com books (that paid 36 points per dollar) and now it seems AGR has lowered the points to only 11 per dollar now. I am glad I got the right points for my purchase but AGR keeps lowering certain merchants (which is not good!!) that I have been using. This has happened to me with 5 merchants this past year. :(

I wonder if AGR is doing this on their own accord or if the merchant is the one who actually decides to lower the points offered.

I bought some shoes from Shoebuy over the Thanksgiving weekend. The purchase shows up on my AGR Mastercard card statement, but no points have shown up on my agr account details.

Who should I talk to?

Edit: I did go to the Shoebuy site through the AGR portal on its website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:

I spoke to AGR (Jennifer, she was very nice) and learned that points for purchases do not normally post until the return period is up. Otherwise someone could buy something, get the points, and return the merchandise. That would make a whole lot of extra work for somebody.

Here is the Shoebuy return policy:

You can return your order for up to 60 days from the purchase date, except for orders places on Shoebuy's Private Event site, events.shoebuy.com. Orders placed between November 1, 2012 — January 1, 2013 are eligible for the 90 Day Holiday Return Policy.

OK that all makes sense to me. So the question is, why have some AU members already gotten their points for purchases made the same weekend as mine???

I suppose mine is a typical mistake: looking for consistency! :wacko:

It does make you wonder doesn't it! I used the Thanksgiving deal and bought $500 plus in merchandise from shoebuy and received 38000 points last week. I was thrilled to see that posting. I am hoping they'll get yours posted soon-fingers crossed! If they make another generous offer I'm plotting a cross country trip out and giving shoes for gifts for the next year. I bought a few pairs of shoes and a nice suitcase to use on my free trip. Amazing offer.

The points from my third shoebuy purchase still have not posted, although the first two did. I am not real happy with the suitcase (first purchase) I purchased, but, in my opinion, I got it for free, since I paid less for the points than I would have if I had bought them from points.com.

Thanks. I guess I will be patient, and if nothing shows at then end of my next billing period I will call them again. It is clear on my MC statement that I made a Shoebuy purchase within the sale dates, so I do expect to get the points for it eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else still waiting for their points? I paid $117 for shoes from Shoebuy, and after e-mailing back and forth with them they referred me to AGR saying there was nothing they could do on their end. I emailed AGR and I'm waiting for a response. I will call them in a couple of days if I don't hear anything back.

I really hope I don't have to spend months hounding them for this.

Anyone else still waiting for their points? I paid $117 for shoes from Shoebuy, and after e-mailing back and forth with them they referred me to AGR saying there was nothing they could do on their end. I emailed AGR and I'm waiting for a response. I will call them in a couple of days if I don't hear anything back.
I made a Shoebuy purchase during the same promotion and did not get points for almost 3 months. I had to call, and then email twice. The email responses to the call and the first email were basic "form letters", and said I did not qualify for the points.

The second email I sent was just a wee bit snarky (I know some of you are thinking, "What?! Not you!") and afterward I got a very friendly email telling me that the points had been awarded. The email also expressed AGR's appreciation for me as a member and regret at my inconvenience. It was signed with a customer service rep's name.

Stick with it, the points will be worth it I am sure. The program admittedly has its flaws but is basically a way for some of us on smaller incomes to be able to afford some nice trips. I appreciate them a lot.

It took me a while to get my points on one of my 3 purchases. I think I had about 4 telephone conversations with AGR before my points were awarded. At first they posted the base points, but not the bonus points - so I made another phone call. I spent a lot of time on the phone, but the points were worth it.

I emailed AGR recently because of missing 3000 points for something I bought in October. They emailed me back and asked for the date of purchase plus my customer number with the company I made the purchase with. About ten days later an AGR rep called to let me know they would be posting to my account on March 15th. This morning I received an email from AGR that the points were posted. So I'm pleased with the way it was handled. I get most of my points through shopping and have had good luck except for this one lil incident.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I heard back from my email request with a customer rep's name and a promise that they would look into it and that it will take up to 4 weeks for a resolution.

It's just annoying because I could have gotten the shoes cheaper elsewhere, but I ordered them from shoebuy for the points.

I made a Shoebuy purchase during the same promotion and did not get points for almost 3 months. I had to call, and then email twice. The email responses to the call and the first email were basic "form letters", and said I did not qualify for the points.

The second email I sent was just a wee bit snarky (I know some of you are thinking, "What?! Not you!") and afterward I got a very friendly email telling me that the points had been awarded. The email also expressed AGR's appreciation for me as a member and regret at my inconvenience. It was signed with a customer service rep's name.

Stick with it, the points will be worth it I am sure. The program admittedly has its flaws but is basically a way for some of us on smaller incomes to be able to afford some nice trips. I appreciate them a lot.

Back