The CL has a proper diner!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The wreck repairs will run throughout the system, while the CL will get diners back as there are enough avalible.

My guess if its not back full time yet, that it was substituted for the heavy travel period.

PS The way you tell a wreck repair diner apart from any other is:

Cherry wood walls

Laminant flooring

New car smell ^_^

Make that car number 38057, I read my sleeper number instead of the finer number. 38057 is our diner

If it is pitch hitting for the holidays that means they took it off another route as I am under the impression Amtraks current spare SL diner pool is zero. Since the consist is put together in CHI that means 30 (12.23) ran with this diner as well.

"derailed St Louis 7/01"

Trogdor posted a few times that the "real" diner has been back since T-giving. No idea where the extras came from, the page I referenced said that 64/69 are in service. Looks like 3 were restored to service this year (January, May and July).

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind that just because stimulus/wreck repairs were needed to equip the Capitol Limited with 38000-series diners doesn't mean that the Capitol Limited will get stimulus-funded wreck-repaired dining cars.

Those cars go to increase the overall fleet, and any dining car can still wind up on the Capitol Limited.

the finer number. 38057 is our diner
s0566.gif
"Nothing could be finer than dinner in the diner!"
s0566.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The wreck repairs will run throughout the system, while the CL will get diners back as there are enough avalible.

My guess if its not back full time yet, that it was substituted for the heavy travel period.

Cherry wood walls

Laminant flooring

New car smell ^_^
Any photos of these wreck repaired diners?

So there isn't carpet on the floors?

Cherry wood walls

Laminant flooring

New car smell ^_^

I believe there is still carpet. I'll try to whip up some photos tommorow (Using a new computer, old one has the files with photos).

Cherry wood walls

Laminant flooring

New car smell ^_^

I believe there is still carpet. I'll try to whip up some photos tommorow (Using a new computer, old one has the files with photos).
Thanks. I curious to see how they differ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back