the Metropolitan Lounge union station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've done it several times and don't worry about it. Then again, I also leave my laptop (covered/hidden) in my roomette when I am not in it and don't lug it all around the train with me either. No one goes into the storage room at the Chicago Metropolitan Lounge except the red cap that's in charge of it.

Is it safe to check in a laptop bag at the Chicago Union station?
If you mean with the RedCap in the Metro Lounge, Yes! Theyll give you a Claim Check and you Pick it up before your Train Boards or you Leave the Station if Staying in CHI! If you mean Checking it to go on the Baggage Car on the Train, No, that is Not Allowed!

If you mean with the RedCap in the Metro Lounge, Yes! Theyll give you a Claim Check and you Pick it up before your Train Boards or you Leave the Station if Staying in CHI! If you mean Checking it to go on the Baggage Car on the Train, No, that is Not Allowed!
Yes, I meant in the Metro Lounge, thank you!

I do this all the time. Chicago is my base station, I'm there all the time, and I trust them with my laptops/electronics totaling $4k. There is someone always there by the door checking in bags, and when they are not, they usually have the door closed and its right across from the check in counter with 2-4 workers behind the desk. Its pretty safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back