the Metropolitan Lounge union station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been member of agr for about seven years and have never got a card. What does a traveler need to do to get one?

Only if it can handle your AGR Card :) I am yet to come across one that can handle mine. :( . Credit card works fine though.
Same here. Though I have my barcodes with me I tried using my AGR card and have yet to get it to work for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really travel enough on Amtrak and even when I do I do not tend to use QuikTrak for anything anymore. So it really isn't worth the bother to order another AGR Card just for that, specially considering that the credit card used to buy the ticket works just fine.

(null)

I can see more of a reason to use the metrolpolitan lounge if I was leaving from CHI on a sleeper, leave my bags there while exploring town, relax, etc.

What would be the advantage of using the lounge if I am arriving in CHI on a sleeper?

Dan

I can see more of a reason to use the metrolpolitan lounge if I was leaving from CHI on a sleeper, leave my bags there while exploring town, relax, etc.
What would be the advantage of using the lounge if I am arriving in CHI on a sleeper?

Dan
GETS U OUT OF THE HUSTLE BUSLE OF THE MADNING CROWD

PEACE AND QUIET

FREE COFFEE

You're arriving too early to go check into your hotel.

You're staying at a friend's place and need to wait for them to get off work.

A friend is coming to pick you up.

You're arriving too early to go check into your hotel.You're staying at a friend's place and need to wait for them to get off work.

And while waiting for any of the above, you can leave your bags in a room that is manned by a redcap for the price of a decent tip, so that you can get out of CUS and see/eat some of CHI without having to drag all your stuff with you.

You're arriving too early to go check into your hotel.You're staying at a friend's place and need to wait for them to get off work.

Or Have a Mini Gathering with AU Friends

IMGP7962-L.jpg

Aloha

Dan
Maybe you're taking a connecting train to Michigan or Wisconsin or somewhere in Illinois and it's hours before it leaves?

That would definitely be an advantage instead of waiting in the regular waiting room.

I just wanted to mention - the ticket I just bought through the Customer Service number is NOT linked in my Amtrak App. I called back to speak with the IT department and they informed me all three systems are not yet linked. Website and phone purchases are not visible through the app,, yet.

What a pointless app. They must have 60 years olds working in IT that were trained in the 70s. I know plently of 18 year olds that could impliment this into the system overnight.

I just wanted to mention - the ticket I just bought through the Customer Service number is NOT linked in my Amtrak App. I called back to speak with the IT department and they informed me all three systems are not yet linked. Website and phone purchases are not visible through the app,, yet.

My experiences are that purchases made over the phone do not appear when I look at "My Account" on the website.

I've never purchased a ticket through the app, only on the website and all 3 of my current RT tix are linked to the app.

I can also view them and send them to the Passbook app so they can be scanned without a wifi or internet connection.

My experiences are that purchases made over the phone do not appear when I look at "My Account" on the website.
Yes, that is my experience as well. I'm looking forward to Amtrak getting their databases synched up.

What a pointless app. They must have 60 years olds working in IT that were trained in the 70s. I know plently of 18 year olds that could impliment this into the system overnight.
My Granddaughter is 11 and she's already a Hi Tech Wizard, the 18 Year Olds are getting Displaced by Kids! :giggle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back