ticketing question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeakz2001

Service Attendant
My brother wants to go from JAX to CIN to come see me graduate with my Master's Degree (7 days away!!!). Anyway, I wanted him to take AMTRAK so I want to buy him tickets. Since its so close to the departure date its not feasable to mail them to him. Is it possible for me to buy the tickets online and for him to just get them at the station? Will he need my credit card or anything? How does that work?

JAX has a QT machine, and I think that if you (he) puts in the res #, the tickets can be printed there. I know I can print my sister's res and her fiance's res at the QT, but they were made with my CC.

I may be wrong, but someone will correct me if I am.

Yes, it's possible. My uncle and I have taken several trips together and he's bought the tickets (and I reimbursed him) and I got the reservation # from him and picked up my tickets myself. And congratulations on the Master's degree!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it's possible. My uncle and I have taken several trips together and he's bought the tickets (and I reimbursed him) and I got the reservation # from him and picked up my tickets myself. And congratulations on the Master's degree!

Thanks for the info! And thanks for the congrats on the degree! I am so proud to say that I will be graduating with a 4.0 GPA. :)

I feel so inadequate now because I only graduated with a BS degree and only a 3.2 GPA. :p :lol:

Oh no, you shouldnt. With my Bachelor's degree, I graduated with a 3.4 GPA. Nowhere near a 4.0. But my twin and I enrolled in graduate school around the same time (different degrees) and have always been competitive. She has a 3.48 and I have a 4.0 (and graduate in 6 days.

I feel so inadequate now because I only graduated with a BS degree and only a 3.2 GPA. :p :lol:
Don't feel bad! I had a 0.0 GPA and it doesn't phase me in the least! :unsure: :rolleyes:
Aloha it has been way to long to remember my GPA and I never got the degree, but I have enjoyed learning all I ca in Imaginary Science. :p
Oh my gosh! I took IS in college too! We must have gone to the same institution of higher yearning! :p

Ok. Just bought my bro the tix online. Can he just take his reservation number to the ticket window and get the agent to print them off for him?

Ok. Just bought my bro the tix online. Can he just take his reservation number to the ticket window and get the agent to print them off for him?

Yes, your brother should be good to go.
Well he'll need to show a photo ID at the window, whereas the Quik-Trak won't ask him for same. Mind you, he still needs one for the train too, just in case he's selected in the random check by the conductor.

But otherwise he's good to go.

Alright.:) Thanks so much. I've never had to buy tix for someone else- just for me. I'm kinda jealous that my brother gets 14 hours on the meteor and 13 on the cardinal! I want to be on those trains!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back