Tissue Paper question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
828d4e281548a5750cc16dcaadd1f0da455.jpg

that should last us awhile.
So Poop-dee-doo!!! Someone got into my bathroom and took a picture! <_<

sorry about the topic, but I ... well... the quality was not there. :unsure:
135 posts later, we should have some quality answers by now! :lol:
With TP there are no answers, only solutions & left over tubes... sometimes! :unsure: ... ;)
Or skid marks! :lol:
A LOT of skid marks after an end to end trip on Amtrak. Two nights later had to go shopping. Ooops...too much information? :blink:

With TP there are no answers, only solutions & left over tubes... sometimes! :unsure: ... ;)
A LOT of skid marks after an end to end trip on Amtrak. Two nights later had to go shopping. Ooops...too much information? :blink:
Traveler... skid marks are for underware, the butt of these jokes are for TP! Solution? Buy brown underware!

Scott... TMI? Maybe if you mentioned where you shopped, what you were shopping for and just how much of a supply you were buying. :cool:

As my grandfather always said regarding wearing underwear: "Inside, outside, frontside, backside!" :lol:

Strangely enough, I'm going to ask a serious question here . . .

Back in the olden days, when johns flushed directly onto the tracks, was Amtrak as concerned (or even more concerned) about the biodegradability of its TP?

Back in the olden days, when johns flushed directly onto the tracks, was Amtrak as concerned (or even more concerned) about the biodegradability of its TP?
Wasn't Amtrak's tracks (except for the NEC), so why should they care? Let UP's tracks get rotted to, er, crap... :p

Wasn't Amtrak's tracks (except for the NEC), so why should they care? Let UP's tracks get rotted to, er, crap... :p
Well - there wasn't any Amtrak in those days. Each railroad had passenger and freight on its own tracks.

I remember those days and being able to see the ground speed by when you flushed the commode in the restroom of the car.

I also remember the conductors came through all the cars and locked the restrooms as we approached the stations so no one would flush while in the station.

Many years ago.

Well - there wasn't any Amtrak in those days. Each railroad had passenger and freight on its own tracks.

I remember those days and being able to see the ground speed by when you flushed the commode in the restroom of the car.

I also remember the conductors came through all the cars and locked the restrooms as we approached the stations so no one would flush while in the station.

Many years ago.
It wasn't THAT many years ago! I remember them too - and I'm not an old fogey - like some! :lol:

Yes, in the 50's and 60's, they were UP or NS or Frisco passenger trains, but I don't think Amtrak trains had retention tanks until sometime in the 80's!

Many years ago.
I remember being warned not to flush back in 1977 while heading north to NYP from West Palm Beach Florida.

As for looking down and seeing the ground? Well, I see no big problem there, but if I saw someone looking back at me.... well, that would be a different story!

View you'll see looking down from the top! :ph34r:

View you'll unfortunately see from looking up from the bottom! :eek:

View of your face from too much information? :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back