Towels on Sleeper Cars

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve P.

Train Attendant
My wife and I have a Romette on the California Zephyr a few weeks from now.

Are Towels for showering in sleeping cars provided? or should we bring our own?

There are plenty of towels for showers - usually kept in the shower room, in the dressing area. Sometimes I've seen them stored in the lower level luggage rack on Superliners. If you don't see any around, ask your attendant.

There are stacks of clean towels and a bag/sack for dirty/used towels available.

As Amtrak climate control often leaves much to be desired, the smaller hand towels and wash cloths also come in handy for stuffing into the air vents.

Tip: If I'm planning on taking a shower, I'll always make sure that I have two towels on hand, as on rare occasions, I've found the clean supply has been exhausted when I've entered the shower room.

Last edited by a moderator:
lthanlon said:
1341608650[/url]' post='378231']Tip: If I'm planning on taking a shower, I'll always make sure that I have two towels on hand, as on rare occasions, I've found the clean supply has been exhausted when I've entered the shower room.
That's why I say check before your enter and if necessary ask your car attendant for more towels. With that, I've never had a problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back