Trains from Above (Drone Video) - Amtrak Wolverine @ Jackson MI

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The first 3:25 of the video was taken at the depot in Jackson MI.

The station is the oldest continually operating station in the US - September 1873.

Where or where, is the cameraman situated, especially when he is moving along with the approaching train? If a telephoto lens was used it would probably show distortion of the dimensions, I would think. A hot air balloon? A helicopter with silent rotors?

Thanks. I missed that word, as I was anxious to see the video. Nice views of the city of Jackson, too.
LOL. You missed the shadow of the drone on the engine as it departs. You can see the drone operator across from the station at the train approaches. As the train departs, he is shown briefly by the crossing.

Check out his other vidoes on his you tube channel, Drayton is a very talented young videographer! I spent an Afternoon with him at Crossroads Park in Deshler, OH last fall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out his other vidoes on his you tube channel, Drayton is a very talented young videographer! I spent an Afternoon with him at Crossroads Park in Deshler, OH last fall.
Several months ago I saw this one from Deshler. It almost looks like a model train layout. Is this his?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back