Two lounge related questions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeRids

Service Attendant
I am departing tomorrow (short notice, I know) from NYP to BOS, then meeting up with someone to take the westbound Lake Shore in a sleeper. I am NOT travelling FC from NYP. Am I entitled to use the NYP Club Acela? The timetable states "same day sleeping car ticket", so I assume this will qualify me? Any experience with this?

Also, I noticed in the latest timetable Miami is no longer listed as having a separate waiting area for sleeper passengers. Has this been removed? I remember using this at one time and finding it to be very pleasant.

I was at the Miami station in October on a trip. The first class lounge is closed and there is no separate waiting area for sleeping car passengers.

On another note, the staff at the Miami station was very friendly and an attendant even drove the other sleeper passengers and myself to the Viewliners on a motorized cart. Our luggage was being towed behind us on another cart and the attendant even helped everyone get their bags into their rooms. This occurred approximately 10-15 minutes before they boarded the coach passengers. The attendant got our attention by calling out the names of the sleeper passengers over the station's intercom system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back