When are the Beds Made?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crazy Vacationer

Train Attendant
I was discussing our upcoming trip in June on the Empire Builder and there was a difference of opinion between a few individuals, which leads to the question of the day.

We are departing from MSP (1115pm), have the family room reserved on the 27, amd there are four of us on the reservation. We live 10-15 minutes from the station and are planning to get there early enough to see the train arrive (1030pm), and plan to board when they allow us. (When Union Station is completed, we'll be 10-15 minutes from there, too. I live in St. Paul)

Will the SCA have the beds made prior boarding or will we need to make the request once on board?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks,

Tom

In my experience, some SCA's will already have the beds made and others will not have them made. If the beds are not already made, it only takes them a minute to make them.

You bed may or not be made up. If the room was empty before you board in MSP, the chances are greater that they will be made. However, if someone has the room from CHI to MSP, for instance, the attendant may or may not have time to make it before you board, but should be able to do it in a timely manner.

Aloha

What I do is let the SCA know when I board or as he first comes by the room is he can turn the room around while I at breakfast. I spend most of my awake time in the lounge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back