When do the points get credited to your account

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnthonyM

Train Attendant
I'm new to Amtrak and AGR and I may be misunderstanding some information that I have read. I have reservations in Oct and I have read that the points are credited when the tickets have been issued and picked up. I have also read in the Program Information to allow 3 weeks after travel to have the points credited and to not apply for missing points until after 3 weeks after travel. My question is.

Are the points credited at the time of ticket issue or after the travel date?

It is quite a substantial itinerary and don't want to just loose the points because I didn't do something within the correct time frame.

Thanks

The points will post after you travel!

If they were to post now, what would happen if you do not take the trip?
huh.gif
The AGR points that you receive are for TRAVEL on Amtrak, not just for buying a ticket. It's the same with airlines. You must actually fly to receive credit for the flight.

huh.gif
The AGR points that you receive are for TRAVEL on Amtrak, not just for buying a ticket. It's the same with airlines. You must actually fly to receive credit for the flight.
Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought, it didn't make sense when I read it.

huh.gif
Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought, it didn't make sense when I read it.

After National Train Day, my points (including the triple points bonus) were posted in about a week.

Back