When is best to apply for membership?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WabashMike

Train Attendant
My brother is getting out of the Army in June so as to celebrate we are going on a Amtrak trip. I need to book the tickets next week (February 18) but he can get the 500 bonus points for signing up and traveling within 90 days. Can we amend the reservation in June with his AGR account number or does it have to be at time of purchase to get the 500 points? Thanks so much!

If there was a thread with this information I just didn't see it readily and I apologize.

Make the reservation now. Before the trip (within 90 days of the trip), all that has to be done is to call an agent on the phone and say "I would like to add my AGR number to my reservation." You do not need to "amend" the reservation.

Make the reservation now. Before the trip (within 90 days of the trip), all that has to be done is to call an agent on the phone and say "I would like to add my AGR number to my reservation." You do not need to "amend" the reservation.
Thanks! I appreciate it!

Back