Where is #67 at Amtrak.com?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abcnews

OBS Chief
Train #67 is the overnight train from Boston to Newport News, VA. When I go to Amtrak.com and request a schedule from Ashland, VA to Williamsburg, VA - you would think that train #67 would be listed as an option. Well - it's not. Am I doing something wrong?

Try "ASD" to "WBG" on any date in August. The only train offered is #95 in the afternoon. But the most recent timetable shows that #67 stops in Ashland (ASD) at 9:17 AM. and also stops in Williamsburg (WBG) at around 11:15 AM.

IIRC, there is currently a service alert out for some track work that affects certain trains in Virginia, including 66/67.

No.

If you click on the "Service Alert" icon you'll see (in part):

Northeast Regional Trains 66, 67, 84 and 94

Effective through August 30, 2012: Mondays - Thursdays Only

Track work being performed by CSX Transportation will affect select Northeast Regional trains on Mondays through Thursdays until and including August 30, 2012. Trains will operate according to their regular schedules on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.

Mondays - Thursdays: Now through July 26, 2012 - Trains 66 and 67

Trains 66 and 67 will not operate between Richmond, Williamsburg and Newport News on Mondays through Thursdays, only.

Mondays - Thursdays: July 30 through August 30, 2012 - Trains 66, 67 84 and 94

Trains 66, 67 and 94 will not operate between Newport News, Williamsburg and Richmond on Mondays through Thursdays, only. All three trains will operate as scheduled between Richmond and Boston.

Train 84, which normally operates from Richmond to New York, will originate at Newport News and operate to Williamsburg and Richmond-Main Street. Train 84 will depart Newport News at 6:00 am, Williamsburg at 6:26 am, Richmond-Main Street at 7:17 am, and will resume its normal schedule from Richmond-Staples Mill Road to New York. Passengers on Train 84 who require travel beyond New York may contact Amtrak for schedule information.

Last edited by a moderator:
And I see we're back to the "commuter schedule" for the Peninsula. I really wish Amtrak would run 84 (or perhaps a train an hour later...I forget the number) through from NPN on a regular basis...I honestly think they would pick up a modest amount of WBG-RVM commuter business with a cooperative schedule and some sharp marketing.

Resurrecting an old thread here ..

Is CSX doing more track work on the Peninsula Subdivision?? Went to check fares from NPN to BOS (which have really, really zoomed into the stratosphere in the last few months) and it looks like the evening train (#66) is cancelled Mon through Thur. Didn't see any service outage announcement on the Amtrak website.

Test bookings from RVR indicate that the train is running from there.

Blue skies ..

Actually one time I was on 67, it ran all the way with a diesel. We stopped near Sunnyside yard long enough to turn off the loco for the run thru NYP. (We also had an electric loco on the train.) I know the diesel was running when I boarded.

You know it's too bad they haven't equipped the NEC P-42s with the controls to raise and lower the pantograph so that the switchover can be made on the fly (similar to MNRR switching from overhead to third rail). Odds are on a night where they'll tag team the P-42 and an AEM-7 they'll use a corridor P-42 so that you've got ACSES the whole way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back