Where to find Amtrak Alerts and Notices

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect a little from column A and a little from column B. The posts are identical to the notices on Amtrak.com, so they are probably using an API to post them to X/Twitter. But the API has been a mess since Musk took over.
Musk probably added pay toilets to X HQ. You can't even view direct links with full comments after the switch if not logged in. No thanks.

On this issue I really couldn’t care less if Amtrak dumps Twitter/X altogether. Musk in his quest to be a political influencer and mess with the apis has created this situation. Amtrak does need to find another way to get the alerts out there in an easy manner for customers but I’d have no issues if it wasn’t on this platform.

On this issue I really couldn’t care less if Amtrak dumps Twitter/X altogether. Musk in his quest to be a political influencer and mess with the apis has created this situation. Amtrak does need to find another way to get the alerts out there in an easy manner for customers but I’d have no issues if it wasn’t on this platform.
Meanwhile, Southern California's Metrolink alerts/status updates continue to appear on X.

Meanwhile, Southern California's Metrolink alerts/status updates continue to appear on X.
I wonder if this will continue after Musk decides to impose a subscription charge for posting. Worse still if he imposes one for reading in order to keep those pesky little snooping bots at bay 🤓

Last edited:
I am puzzled. At one time on the Amtrak service notices and alerts there was an additional 2 boxes that had national alerts and Northeast alerts. boxes were to right of station advisories. They were identical to the twitter postings so used them instead until they disappeared from this link. What happened to those?

https://www.amtrak.com/alert.html

I am puzzled. At one time on the Amtrak service notices and alerts there was an additional 2 boxes that had national alerts and Northeast alerts. boxes were to right of station advisories. They were identical to the twitter postings so used them instead until they disappeared from this link. What happened to those?

Those two tabs vanished about amonth ago.

Last edited:

They were identical because they were links to the Twitter posts.

They seem to be moving toward internal and proprietary means of sending the alerts that they were pushing through twitter before. If you have a reservation linked to your cell phone or Amtrak app they’re basically sending these out through push notifications through the Amtrak app and Text messages. Additionally the Amtrak alerts for any train can be seen by looking up train status - currently on the full website only. They don’t yet show up on train status on the app. Additionally there’s now a page where you can subscribe to Amtrak alerts for specific trains via email and text message when you don’t have a reservation.

Not acceptable.

I don't want a subscription to get emails and texts, but want to see them only when I choose to.

Most transit rail systems have systemwide alerts navigable from their home page accessible by anyone and not by querying a specific train.
While Amtrak should find a platform/method to do what you suggest / I have no issue with Amtrak moving away from a platform if the primary motivation of that platform is to score points with ideological do nothing political hacks. While I have respect for some of Mr. musk’s accomplishments I have little patience for his and others desire for recognition for some of the ideological purity do nothings

I noticed this the other day and found it very useful. Kudos to whoever made that happen.

Amtrak Status Maps - Delays

Amtrak Status Maps is now recording the delay information that Amtrak posts via the "Train Status" tab on its website. The delay information (if any) can be gotten by clicking on a train symbol on a map or by selecting the record for an archived train.

jb

Back