Zephyr 5 reroute

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If rerouted onto the former Santa Fe, how would they get onto it from CUS? They lifted the rails between Corwith and 21st St, which was the reason why the SWC was rerouted onto the former Burlington in the first place, since that stretch was only used by Amtrak. Go out the former GM&O and get onto Santa Fe somewhere before Joliet?
I think there is a switch at Joliet to get from the former Alton(GM&O) route to the former Santa Fe through Chilli.

What a shame that it took them so long to line up pilot crew(s). It's only 15 miles further CHI to GBA then it is to GBB. When the Chief ran 'Santa Fe, All The Way', it only took a few minutes longer between the two cities than the Burlington Route.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw that yesterday's #6 arrived at Chicago around 8:30 THIS morning. It made it through my station of Mt Pleasant only 40 min late. That made for a long quiet night. :mellow: If no connection needed, an extra night on the train would be fine. :cool:

Just saw that yesterday's #6 arrived at Chicago around 8:30 THIS morning. It made it through my station of Mt Pleasant only 40 min late. That made for a long quiet night. :mellow: If no connection needed, an extra night on the train would be fine. :cool:
Or if you had a room on #6!
cool.gif

Passengers on 4 and 6 were bussed to Chicago. The OS you see is actually when the equipment arrived after the track opened.

I rode past there yesterday on #3. Bunch of coal (and cars) sitting off to the side of the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back