50 (Cardinal) Delayed in Hamilton, OH

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monon81

Train Attendant
Two drunken kids decided to cross the Great Miami River on the CSX's bridge last night. The river crossing was successful, but the truck ended up dangling over the edge of a viaduct west of the bridge.

Cardinal was halted while the truck was removed. Status maps show having departed Cincinnati 4 1/2 hours late but a Service Disruption beyond.

Cincinnati Enquirer Article

Another news story on this incident with video and photos of the pick-up truck stuck on the railroad bridge with 1 tire hanging over the side. These idiots are lucky they did not qualify for a Darwin award last night. If a train had shown up, they would have had no place to go but to jump off the bridge. Besides the charge of "operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, disrupting public services, underage consumption and criminal tresspassing", there should be a statute to charge them with doing something so staggeringly stupid, they should be kept in jail longer to protect the public.

Two drunken kids decided to cross the Great Miami River on the CSX's bridge last night. The river crossing was successful, but the truck ended up dangling over the edge of a viaduct west of the bridge.

Cardinal was halted while the truck was removed. Status maps show having departed Cincinnati 4 1/2 hours late but a Service Disruption beyond.

Cincinnati Enquirer Article
I think Mr. Hulse must be related to our Penny!! He said he must have made a Wrong Turn!!

You have to read the news article to appreciate.

When I pulled up the article, on the top of the page was an ad for Kissimee, FL. It had the heading of "Forget this!", and showed a hat and scarf, It looked almost EXACTLY like what Penny wore in WPK during the mini-gathering when it was in the 50's! :lol: (But it didn't show the 2 coats, sweaters, shirts, gloves, boots, etc... that Penny also wore! :giggle: )

Quite a few years ago I was working the midnight shift as Crew Dispatcher in the Hoboken, New Jersey Terminal. In the middle of the night, and not the first time this happened, a car drove down the street toward the old ferry slips, under the building and then westbound and became stuck on Track 15, which had no bumper block, as at that time that track still continued out toward the Hudson River. I remember coming downstairs and dropping into the RR Police Office with this apparently intoxicated and sheepish young lady who had been the driver. She wasn't saying much, but apparently had said something like she had been looking for the Holland Tunnel! Duh!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back