ACAC member recruitment

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony

Founder
Honored Member
I just spotted the following on Amtrak.com. The application due date is tomorrow (August 15th), which doesn't give you guys much time to apply if interested, but luckily it seems they are accepting applications by email, so perhaps that means by 11:59pm, August 15 :)

Do you know a frequent Amtrak traveler who might have good customer service suggestions to offer? The Amtrak Customer Advisory Committee is currently recruiting new committee members to fill vacancies to fill vacancies in September.
The ACAC is currently seeking candidates in Texas, Michigan and the Chicago area, as well as, passengers who ride the Lakeshore Limited, Adirondack, California Zephyr, and North Carolina service. To maintain the committee's commitment to the diversity of passenger needs, ACAC invites candidates who use Amtrak for business travel, vacation, and are seniors or people with disabilities.

Members attend two national meetings per year within the Amtrak system, as well as regional meetings. Projects and intra committee work is accomplished via monthly teleconferences and e-mail.

Applications for ACAC membership must include (1) a letter of interest explaining how the candidate's travel, customer, educational, and work experiences can benefit Amtrak and the committee's work, (2) a resume, (3) a list of the short- and long-distance Amtrak trips that the candidate has taken during the past twelve months and (4) planned trips for the next 12 months.

Completed application packages should be sent by August 15, 2009 to:

Ms. Kate Warr

Amtrak Customer Advisory Committee

900 Second Street, NE Suite 308

Washington, D.C. 20002

E-mail: [email protected]

All candidates will be given full and careful consideration based upon ACAC's need for regional and demographic representation. Thank you for your interest and support.

Amtrak and NARP employees and their relatives may not serve.

what do these people do. is this like those mystery shoppers only instead they have us ride trains and provide feedback?

Last edited by a moderator:
what do these people do. is this like those mystery shoppers only instead they have us ride trains and provide feedback?

That's probably a pretty good description. However, it's not a full-time job -- think more along the lines of becoming something of a "mystery shopper" while riding the train in the course of your own life. I think there is some free travel in there, somewhere, like when they have their meetings -- but it's not like you're employed 40 hours a week, year round, riding trains and reporting on your experiences. :)

That's probably a pretty good description. However, it's not a full-time job -- think more along the lines of becoming something of a "mystery shopper" while riding the train in the course of your own life. I think there is some free travel in there, somewhere, like when they have their meetings -- but it's not like you're employed 40 hours a week, year round, riding trains and reporting on your experiences. :)
Sounds like a job description for the traveler!Wonder if they give bonus points? :lol: (also why they didnt send it out to AGR members and AU :lol: ,were they afraid theyd get too much common sense feedback?And whats with the resume for a mystery rider? :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a job description for the traveler!Wonder if they give bonus points? :lol:
Nah, if it's not a 40 hour a week job - I'm not interested. :angry: Besides, that would cut down on my train time! :lol:

I applied a couple of years ago, but they weren't looking for anyone from Chicago (already had a couple of Chicago-based folks on their committee at the time). They encouraged me to apply again in the future. However, now, I can't guarantee my availability to travel to their meetings, so I decided not to submit my application again (even though they were specifically looking for folks from Chicago this time around).

As a 5 year member of the ACAC (I heard about it on this board and applied) the role is not really about being a "mystery shopper" as most members identify themselves when riding and personally know and are known by the crews of the trains they regularly ride.

The ACAC is comprised of service groups (Long distance East & West, Short distance East & West and the Disabled and Senior Taskforce) made up of a diverse and engaged cross section of Amtrak customers from across the US. The ACAC and its service groups function as a voice for the AMTRAK passenger to AMTRAK’s SR management relaying opinions, concerns, experiences and request (including from time to time concerns expressed on this board). ACAC members also seek to provide feedback that includes the AMTRAK employee’s prospective as well as working to recognize their hard work and dedication through the quarterly ACAC Customer Service Awards.

Regarding travel, you are right as most of our travel excluding transportation to and from meetings is at our own expense. While I know my response to this post is past the deadline I encourage all to consider applying as it meaningful service.

PS you should still apply despite the deadline if you are truly interested in the opportunity.

Regards

Ctim2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back