Acela150 Takes a Break

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acela150

Super Buff
In the past month it seems I can't make a comment or two without being criticized. I start a topic on 8400 make one comment and get flipped on. Now I make one post and I'm a whiner. So I've decided to take a little bit of a break from AU. Not long but enough to let my mind reset and come back here and share my great knowledge of Amtrak. My life is currently in ruins I have a very ill father and it's likely he doesn't have much longer. This has put a great amount of stress on my life. But going to the firehouse everyday keeps me busy. So I'm just logging off for a few weeks. Simply because I need peace. I have to much stress in my life right now. I'll leave on the following quote about my other passion... Firefighting..

Oh your a firefighter? I wanted to do that when I was a kid. "What do you make?" ... "What do I make? I make holding your hand seem like the biggest thing in the world when I am cutting you out of your car. I can make 5 minutes feel like a lifetime when I go into a burning house to save your family. I make those annoying sirens sound like angels singing when you need them. I make your wife's head turn when I walk by in uniform. I make your children breathe after they have stopped. I can make you survive a heart attack. I make myself get out of bed at 3am to go risk my life for people I have never met, and have never asked for thanks. I make a difference, how about you?

Steve

Steve,

You sound like you need a rest. I hope you and your father will be better in

the coming days and weeks.

You are an important part of AU and you will be missed while you are away.

Hurry back.

I, too, will miss your posts. I wish the best for your father and your family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve, I hear ya, and can empathize.

When you come back, you may want to consider adopting a strategy that came to me way too late in life.

"I JUST DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS OR THINKS ABOUT ME. PERIOD."

My outlook on life has been wonderful and free since then.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Shhhhhhh, here come the comments..........on what a mean spirited, selfish, ego-centric ogre I must be. Ya know what? I dun't care!

There are some individuals on the forum who seem to feel they can flame whomever and whenever and hide in their anonymity. Fortunately, most here are not that way and truly care about others.

Steve, I also am sending best wishes for your father and your family.

Steve -

I am thankful that firefighters are there when ever I need them (which I hope is not often), but understand your reasons for a rest. I also echo Jerry's statement!

I wish the best to you and your family! Please hurry back when you can!

I hope things get better for you soon. Having an ill family member really focuses attention on what's important -- and you sure don't need the negativity that sometimes rears its head on any online forum. You'll feel better for the break.

Hey, "ditto" on the firefighter praise.

Like American farmers, firefighters are one of the most under-appreciated careers in the USA. Don't really think about them 'til you need them, and boy when you need them you usually REALLY need them. (teachers too)

Peak in from time-to-time, it's ok to lurk. Many do. Then you can just laff at all of our silly and ridiculous banter.

Steve

I know that this is a little late but their will always be those posters like Betty (everyday matters) pointed out and there are some others that cannot keep their ego in check. you need to listen to rr dude's great advice. "I JUST DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS OR THINKS ABOUT ME. PERIOD." this is why I usually limit my posts to wise cracks or items that I know the specific answer to. I usually come here to read about what is going on now that I'm out of the industry and to learn from many of the very wise people that post here. (There are too many to list and I'm afraid I would miss someone.) There are some posters that try to impress others here and some that have an agenda.

There are time when some of the topics get me angry and I'll slap my own hand before I try to type a reply that is in the internet realm forever.

Sorry to hear about your father, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Al

Back