ACS-64 Heads Up

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many have been delivered to Amtrak, and how many are in revenue service?
661 should be on property by now (if not then 660 is most definitely on property). Based on the testing schedule, 651 should be the highest unit in revenue (again, give or take).

661 should be on property by now (if not then 660 is most definitely on property). Based on the testing schedule, 651 should be the highest unit in revenue (again, give or take).
And 600 is obviously out of service.

600 is alive and well. I think you mean 601.

You mean 601? 600 is in service
Double corrected. :p Yup, 601 is what I meant. I should've caught myself. :p I know the David L Gunn branded 600 is in service, because I've worked several trains led by it.

AMTK 662 came through Agency, Iowa today on an eleven-minute-late Amtrak #6(24). Just don't blink when the California Zephyr goes by if you watch the video or you'll probably miss it.

Enjoy these moves while you can. They will end soon, unless SEPTA uses Amtrak to deliver their units.
That's what I'm doing. Took the time to get a close look at 663 while the Zephyr was stuck at the station. That's the builder's plate at the 3:37 mark, right? I've never seen one before.

its plate for truck .
So the locomotive has a builder's plate and each of its trucks have one too? Didn't know that.

Anyway, YouTube user Michael DeMarco uploaded a couple videos today of Amtrak #5(09) heading west with AMTK 663. The first one is this California Zephyr exiting the Moffat Tunnel at Winter Park and the second is at the station in Fraser, Colorado.

Apparently, today SEPTA formally awarded Siemens the contract to build Sprinters for them. I don't know if there's any actual new information in this Railway Gazette article, but I don't remember seeing the picture before.

Edit: No wait, it's the same picture Mr. afigg posted a link to back in June.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back