Bonus Points Now On Sale

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've gotten the 50% email, was going to buy it tonight, but will hold off after our trip to CHI this weekend.

-Sent from my iPad using Amtrak Forum App.

Good luck in figuring out the logic applied to those that get 30% and those that get 50% bonus points. I am eligible to receive 30% and JoeG gets the 50% bonus. The only difference we can see is that he only bought 13,000 points while I bought 26,000 during the last bonus offering.

Neither my wife nor myself have ever bought points. I received 30% offer and the wife didn't receive any offer. No logic there.

Good luck in figuring out the logic applied to those that get 30% and those that get 50% bonus points. I am eligible to receive 30% and JoeG gets the 50% bonus. The only difference we can see is that he only bought 13,000 points while I bought 26,000 during the last bonus offering.
Mom & I both brought 10K last year, with the 3K bonus. I'm Select Exec, mom is Select Plus. She got the 50 :) ; and I got nothing. :(

Now I'm really bummed. Reading all these offers of bonus AGR points, and I didn't even get an email of any sort. Does that mean something is wrong with my account?

I'm not feeling the love, here (sniff!). :( And we use our AGR MC for every expense, too.
I did not receive any offer either, and when I was on the phone with AGR on Sunday, she told me that there was no offer going on right now. I told her that other members received them, she said well they do that randomly. So I wish I would get an offer before my trip in April.

Now I'm really bummed. Reading all these offers of bonus AGR points, and I didn't even get an email of any sort. Does that mean something is wrong with my account?

I'm not feeling the love, here (sniff!). :( And we use our AGR MC for every expense, too.
I did not receive any offer either, and when I was on the phone with AGR on Sunday, she told me that there was no offer going on right now. I told her that other members received them, she said well they do that randomly. So I wish I would get an offer before my trip in April.
June/Dennis, go to the transfer/buy point tab of your AGR page and go through the motions of buying points. After you enter first and last name along your AGR number the next page will show any bonus points, you can also scroll down in the drop down window to see any bonus amounts. Hopefully you just did not get an email!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mom & I both brought 10K last year, with the 3K bonus. I'm Select Exec, mom is Select Plus. She got the 50 :) ; and I got nothing. :(
Maybe AGR/Amtrak figures that you Select Exec High Rollers that ride FC Acela all the time don't need any Bonus Points since you Rack up so many on the NEC! ^_^ Grace doesnt ride as much so she got the 50% offer!

(Of course Joe Hess is Select Exec also and he only go the 30% Offer while the Colonel got the 50% Offer! Amtrak Logic in Action!! :rolleyes: )

Maybe AGR/Amtrak figures that you Select Exec High Rollers that ride FC Acela all the time don't need any Bonus Points since you Rack up so many on the NEC! Grace doesnt ride as much so she got the 50% offer!

(Of course Joe Hess is Select Exec also and he only go the 30% Offer while the Colonel got the 50% Offer! Amtrak Logic in Action!! :rolleyes: )
I am select plus and did not get a bonus offer - just an email encouraging me to buy points.

Both my husband and I got the 30% email, my daughter did not get an email. Last night I logged in to her account and went through the steps for buying and when I got to the drop down page the 30% bonus was there. So go through the steps if you didn't get the email, you may find a pleasant surprise!

June/Dennis, go to the transfer/buy point tab of your AGR page and go through the motions of buying points. After you enter first and last name along your AGR number the next page will show any bonus points, you can also scroll down in the drop down window to see any bonus amounts. Hopefully you just did not get an email!
I tried that this weekend - no bonus points. :(

Thanks, that worked. I can get 50% more when I purchase. Now do I purchase only enough for business class on the NEC part of my trip or get the whole 10,000. It won't be enough to get a roomette. hmmm.

AmtrakBlue, it was not there for me this past weekend either. But it is today.

My wife and I were both lucky enough to get the 50% bonus. I bought 10000 + 5000 bonus and my wife bought 9000 plus the bonus 4500.

I'm still waiting for the 800+ points for the pair of boots I got from shoebuy at 12 points per dollar.

If you need more points for a roomette, buy something through the shopping portal.

Still no bonus for me. I'm not ready to buy anyway (waiting for my tax refund and my AGR CC which I recently applied for).

I did not receive an email, but I do have the 30% offer. I will probably hold off until I receive the 50% offer though. Once I get my points for joining NARP, I am set for a two-zone roomette!

When I use Firefox browser(my browser of choice) to check for bonus points for wife and I, I get an error message. When I use Internet Explorer, I can see they would sell either of us 10,000 points with no bonus.

Has anyone else had problems with using Firefox to see/buy bonus points offer.

Thanks/NAVYBLUE

When I use Firefox browser(my browser of choice) to check for bonus points for wife and I, I get an error message. When I use Internet Explorer, I can see they would sell either of us 10,000 points with no bonus.

Thanks/NAVYBLUE
I use Firefox and had no problems buying points (with the bonuses offered us in emails from AGR). Can't say why it's not working for you, but I'd guess it's not the browser.

Thanks/NAVYBLUE
I have seen the error a few times as I have been checking to see if I will get a bonus (none yet :( ). There are just some lines of text saying Apache error or something, I don't remember. It seems to be very intermittent, so it will probably work if you try again some time later.

Thanks/NAVYBLUE
Mike: I haven't had any problems using Firefox and I got the 50% Bonus! :) I used to get many Error Messages when using IE!!! (I've also used Google Chrome, no problems to speak of using that either!)

Thanks all. I get the "Apache error" all the time with FF. I am a "computer semi-geek" but not yet a "full geek" I have "Ghostery" a FF add on that blocks trackers. I have options/security set to never accept third party cookies.

Last year I bought 13,000 points witth the same settings for wife and I so I am baffled. I think I am not getting the bonus because just last month I used Points.com to transfer US Air miles to AGR points (9,300/4,500) for wife and I. I also clear Firefox every day and when I shut down for the night.

Any ideas are appreciated in advance.

NAVYBLUE

Back