Bringing a Flat Screen TV

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too remember these museum pieces and actually used them along with listeningvto music on my 8 Track in the car, my Sony Walkman outside (cassettes, the HOT! Technology! ) and watching VHS movies on my VCR! Not mention making phone calls on my rotary dial phone from Ms Bell while reading a Book,Newspaper or a Magazine printed on Paper!

Ask your parents or grandparents about it! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I too remember these museum pieces and actually used them along with listeningvto music on my 8 Track in the car, my Sony Walkman outside (cassettes, the HOT! Technology! ) and watching VHS movies on my VCR! Not mention making phone calls on my rotary dial phone from Ms Bell while reading a Book,Newspaper or a Magazine printed on Paper!

Cassettes? 8 Track? That's high tech stuff. I listened to my tunes recorded on a reel-to-reel tape recorder. And we had a reel-to reel video recorder at my high school so we could watch educational TV, although mostly we watched 16mm movies with the lousy built-in speakers on the projector.

Funny thing about print, though. I'm still using it, and Amtrak even saw fit to load up the business class car of the Palmetto this morning with an actual newspaper (if one can call USA Today a "newspaper"), one of which is sitting on my seat right next to me.

LOL! Yeah, except for The Times and possibly the Washington Poat are there any real Papers left in the US?

And I forgot the reel-to-reel (we couldn't afford that), and our first Microwave from TI that cost $600 and was so large it took two people to carry! (my daughter imploded it trying to boil eggs! What did we know!)Not to mention brushing your teeth with a non electric toothbrush!

Sounds like a good trip, I like the scenery in the Carolinas bit its always dark on the Auto Train and the Silvers!

I too remember these museum pieces and actually used them along with listeningvto music on my 8-Track in the car, my Sony Walkman outside (cassettes, the HOT! Technology! ) and watching VHS movies on my VCR! Not mention making phone calls on my rotary dial phone from Ms Bell while reading a Book,Newspaper or a Magazine printed on Paper!

I still have an 8-track player on my motorcycle (it's an antique also, a 1977 Honda Gold Wing). I also have an 8-track recorder to put some modern tunes on the bike.

:giggle: :help: :wacko:

Cassettes? 8 Track? That's high tech stuff. I listened to my tunes recorded on a reel-to-reel tape recorder. And we had a reel-to reel video recorder at my high school so we could watch educational TV, although mostly we watched 16mm movies with the lousy built-in speakers on the projector.
Do you guys also refused to ride on any Amtrak train, unless its pulled by a steam locomotive? :D

Ah, the good old days, when riding a train meant getting covered in coal ash.

I also had an 8 track stereo in my car. I used to drive around town in my 1967 AMC Ambassador, playing Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall at full volume. I was wild and crazy back then, I tells ya!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you guys also refused to ride on any Amtrak train, unless its pulled by a steam locomotive? :D

Ah, the good old days, when riding a train meant getting covered in coal ash.
Nah, even. a geezer like me doesn't remember riding in a train pulled by a steam loco. I do remember taking a family trip to the southern Appalachians in the kate 50s and sitting at a grade crossing waiting for a steam-powered freight to cross. But by then it so so unusual that my parents (who did grow up riding behind steam) made mention of it.

No, I'll take my train rides however I can get them, but they're not real unless the train is pulled by a GG-1.

I have a Real Beef with amtrak trying to Define electronics . I If want to be rear retentive Ill bet my smart phone has more Umph in it as a CPU then all the CPU umph of a AEM-7 systems controllers .

Look, I just hate it when rules are meant to be interpreted by people whom have a habit of not being consistent.( Amtrak) .

what have i created? as for 8 track tapes the best man at my second wedding has about 18,000 of them along with about 80,000 vinyl albums,,,, and my first Apple computer had a cassette tape recorder,,,, and you "Cloaded" programs,,, and we were so cheap we used 90 minutes cassettes meaning you often had an hour wait for the program to load....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back