DEN - RAT

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess at least Hertz has an office in Raton. So a one way car rental would work. Three hours and eleven minutes, according to the google, so you'd best not have missed the bus by much...

Yup, Hertz in Raton is open M-F 8:00 - 5:00. Don't miss your bus on Saturday or Sunday, RailFreak, or it's a cab! ;)

I would let the hotel front desk or concierge know that you have to have a cab at a certain time. They will know most reliable cab company to contact.

There is no other way to Raton beside the bus, that makes sense economically. Hertz does have auto body shop agent about 2 blocks from the RAT station, but is open weekdays only. Good Luck.

Got It!!! What I'll do is close the bar in the station, pass out on the floor & they'll wake me up when they're about to mop the floor the next morning!!! Us Southern Boys are pretty damn smart, HUH?!!!

Worst case, for coach seats rebook for next day. The fare difference is probably less than alt trans, unless you would forfeit a sleeper room. Try to relax and enjoy your trip!

Or consider staying at the Oxford Hotel in Denver the night before and walk yourself the two blocks over to the Amtrak station bus stop.

I stay there on all my visits thru Denver. $119 p/n & a $10 cab ride to the station. It also has a restaurant, Mcdonalds, convienent store, sports bar,liquor store & pot shop(LOL) next door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back